Open, Edit, Save SVG file

Open, Edit, Save SVG file

Is there any way i can open a svg file and edit/add text in it?
It's just XML, so use the FileUpload widget to have the user upload it, then use BinaryToText in the BinaryData extension to turn the file to text, then use the XmlRecords extension to process the XML, manipulate it, etc. (or standard string operations if it is simple stuff).

J.Ja
Justin James wrote:
It's just XML, so use the FileUpload widget to have the user upload it, then use BinaryToText in the BinaryData extension to turn the file to text, then use the XmlRecords extension to process the XML, manipulate it, etc. (or standard string operations if it is simple stuff).

J.Ja

Thank you for the responce Sir Justin. I will try those steps later.

anyway, here are the scenarios, I want to access a svg file located in a certain directory not using file upload dialog. the modify its content and add data that i get in the database. then save the modified svg in a new directory, and open(view) the svg image.
Gerardo -

If you need to access a file on the server or on the network the server is on, there are functions in the NetworkFileSystem extension for things like opening and saving files. Once you open it and read it as text using that, you can modify it using the XML extension as detailed above, then re-save it as needed.

J.Ja
Gerardo Pacios wrote:
Is there any way i can open a svg file and edit/add text in it?
 You can try Free SVG Editor, GLIPS Graffiti, SVG-edit and many other free software from the URL below:
http://listoffreeware.com/list-of-best-free-svg-viewer-software-for-windows/