Error Maximum message size

Error Maximum message size

Hi There,

I have a error in Service Studio 9 when opening a espace. It gives the following error:

The maximum message size quota for incoming messages (33554432) has been exceeded. To increase the quota, use the MaxReceivedMessageSize property on the appropriate binding element.

Any advice?
Hi freek

I had never seen such an error before, but a quick google points me into being a standard .NET issue and not something that's OutSystems related.

According to this post on stackoverflow it seems like a hardcoded limit in Service Studio. I went into the folder where Service Studio is installed (C:\Program Files\OutSystems\Development Environment 9.0\Service Studio), and it seems these values are configured in file ServiceStudio.WS.bindings.config.

From the message, it seems the parameter relevant for this is the maxReceivedMessageSize. Still, as I found out testing, it seems there are other dependent values that need to be consisent. And also, this setting is repeated a lot of times in the file, what I would suggest is:
> Creating a backup copy of the file (in case you get something out of place
> Replace all occurrences of "33554432" with "2147483647" (before you ask, it seems these parameters, such as maxReceivedMessageSize, are all 32-bit integer, and this is the max value is this one).

I just tested this and at least Service Studio starts and is able to connect to Platform Server 9, downloading eSpaces and publishing them without any issues. I did not try to bring the value down to get the error, but this fix makes sense.

Please let me know if this fixes your problem.

Acácio
Hi,

I get this error on my Cloud Account. How can I fix this?

Thanks
Hi Luis

just use the instructions above. These apply to Service Studio (AKA Development tools) which are installed in your workstation, so they also apply if you are using the platform in the cloud. 

Acácio 
Thanks Acacio, but I'm using a Personal Environment, I don't have access to the workstation. 
Hi Luis The workstation is your computer - where you installed Service Studio. Check the path I indicated above: It's where Service Studio is installed in your computer. Acácio
You need to update the file in the dev elopment folder as well as the service center folder

c:\Program files\OutSystems\Development Environment 8.0\ServiceStudio.WS.bindings.config

c:\Program files\OutSystems\Service Studio 8.0\ServiceStudio.WS.bindings.config

backup the file and then do a find a nd replace

Replace all occurrences of "33554432" with "2147483647" (before you ask, it seems these parameters, such as maxReceivedMessageSize, are all 32-bit integer, and this is the max value is this one).