Date Time Input Field saves as NullDate on Iphone, Ipad

Date Time Input Field saves as NullDate on Iphone, Ipad

  
Hi

I have created a edit record page, that has 2 date time fields, this get default values, assigned in the preparation, when creating  a new record. All the inputs fields are filled with the correct data, but when I try to save the record leaving the dates as defaulted they are null in the save action, this only happens on the ipad and iphone, on the computer this doesn’t happen, is this a bug? How does one get pass this error?
 
Best Regards
Diogo
Hi Diogo. Which date format do you have configured in Service Center?
Leonardo Fernandes wrote:
Hi Diogo. Which date format do you have configured in Service Center?
 Hi Leonardo, I would say its the default YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS, im using the RichWidgets\Input_Calendar


 
Diogo, can you provide a link to a screen on where this happens? I guess you could do that in your personal environment.
Thanks,
Leonardo Fernandes
There is a similar issue the other way around.

I am using the default date picker from OS mainly on scaffolded pages..

Null dates for optional fields show up fine on a desktop with Chrome or IE as the default mask YYYY-MM-DD

But show up as "Jan 1, 1970" in an IPad using Chrome, or on an Andorid phone using Chrome.

Unfortunately also if you change another field on the record and save it the date of 1970-01-01 is saved to the database and will show up as such in the desktop.
This is a bug and should be fixed. How does one report a bug in OutSystems?
We have worked around this by checking if the app is on iOS, and using a seperate set of fields (text) for dates on iOS.
Yes I think I saw a previous post on that (or a similar workaround using text fields) Should we have to workaround this?
I would imagine it would be a pretty quick fix for an OutSystems engineer to do something similar so work arounds would should be unecessary.
I'm not saying to not ask support to enter a bug for this, only that today you would need to work around this on iOS.
Keith -

www.outsystems.com/SupportPortal/ lets you sugmit bugs. Not sure if it works for non-enterprise customers though.

J.Ja
Gerry wrote:
I'm not saying to not ask support to enter a bug for this, only that today you would need to work around this on iOS.
 OK Thanks for the info.
 
Justin James wrote:
Keith -

www.outsystems.com/SupportPortal/ lets you sugmit bugs. Not sure if it works for non-enterprise customers though.

J.Ja
 Justin, Thanks. Yep that doesn't work for me yet. We will be a Partner soon so then I will have access. Thanks anyway. Keith
 
Hi Keith,

Can you provide us with a small sample eSpace where the problem can be easily reproduced?

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel,

Attached is a simple scaffolded conatcats app with two date fields one mandatory and the other not, and the excel spreadsheet for the data.

Works fine on a regular computer but null dates show up as Jan 1, 1970 on a mobile device. If you change some data and save they will save as that date also. Big problem.

Lots of contacts in this example have null dates so not hard to find one try Bonnie Watson, Erin Steen etc.,

Keith


Solution
I was not able to publish it on my cloud environment due to some funky licensing issue, but take a look at what I've done here and try it out.
Solution
Gerry,
Thanks I see what you are doing, even though the "If" is applied to the wrong field :-). So thanks for that.
This is a pretty fundamental issue though so I definately still think that OS should fix it in the base product so we don't have to apply this logic to any nullable date field.
Hopefully they will.
Regards
Keith
Miguel Ventura wrote:
Hi Keith,

Can you provide us with a small sample eSpace where the problem can be easily reproduced?

Cheers,
Miguel
 Miguel,
Do you know if there are any near term plans to fix this?
Thanks
Keith
 
Hi Keith,

I tried the eSpace on both iOS (iPad) and Android but could not reproduce the problem (null dates stayed null instead of 1970-01-01). I could only reproduce this problem in old versions of the platform.

Which version of RichWidgets are you using?

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel Ventura wrote:
Hi Keith,

I tried the eSpace on both iOS (iPad) and Android but could not reproduce the problem (null dates stayed null instead of 1970-01-01). I could only reproduce this problem in old versions of the platform.

Which version of RichWidgets are you using?

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel,

I am running 9.0.0.19 - Personal Environment

For Platform Version 9.0.0.2. Web widgets and base themes.
 
Supported Multilingual locales: en (default), nl, pt
Community Supported Multilingual locales: es (credits to João Martins), pt-br (credits to Euber Bispo), ar (credits to João Batista), ja-JP (credits to Yukie Wada), zh-CN (credits to Yukie Wada)

My Environment Configuration Date Format is set to YYYY-MM-DD which is what shows up in Chrome on the Desktop for a NULL date.

On my Samsung Galaxy Alpha running Android version 4.4.4 the Null date shows up as 01/01/1970 regardless of what date format I select for the phone.

On my iPad Air running iOS 8.1.2 I get Jan 1, 1970 in the date field for a Null date

I am in Toronto Canada if that makes any difference.

try connecting to my app at keithmatthews.outsystemscloud.com/DateBug and see if its different for you.

It seems others are seeing the issue and are coding around it.

Maybe it only works properly for OutSystems employees? 

Keith
 
Hi,

Platform 9.0.0.2 still had that problem. We're currently in the process of upgrading personal environments to 9.0.0.23 which was recently released. If this bug is currently affecting you I can ask for your personal environment to be upgraded sooner.

Cheers,
Miguel
Miguel Ventura wrote:
Hi,

Platform 9.0.0.2 still had that problem. We're currently in the process of upgrading personal environments to 9.0.0.23 which was recently released. If this bug is currently affecting you I can ask for your personal environment to be upgraded sooner.

Cheers,
Miguel
 Hi Miguel,

If I could be upgraded sooner that would be great.

Thanks

Keith
 
Hi,

How can I do to fix the "1970 surprise default date on mobile devices" issue in platform 8?

Regards
Tiago