after upgrade from platform 8 to 9 ... integration studio connection to database err

after upgrade from platform 8 to 9 ... integration studio connection to database err

in Integration studio 9 (this worked with no issue on platform 8)

right click on Enties and select (Connect to external table or View)

A list of "Available Database Connections" is shown...
When I select one of the connections I get a time out error.....
    something like this displays in the window.....
       "There was an error processing your request. Please try again later..." 
     in HTML....

Some connection strings work??
   doesn't seem to matter the user access or whether the connection string was saved in Service Studio or not??
Hello Darrel,

Which Integration Studio and Platform Server versions are you using?
Can you access the Database Connection that crashes Integration Studio thorugh Service Center?
I'm using platform 9 .... and this is where the error is....

I can access the connections in service Studio 9 and the test is successful....
Do you see any error on the Event Viewer when the Platform Server is installed?
Do you see any error on Service Center's Error Log?
I don't see any errors in Service Center ..... just a time out

Here is the error log....

here's the stack trace from the webservice abort

eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=1, PubId=1, CompiledWith=
RequestUrl: http://llc1gdvlpapp01/ServiceCenter/IntegrationStudio.asmx (Method: POST)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/ServiceCenter-3-130628058716192384
FilePath: C:\...\PS\running\ServiceCenter.1736518936\
Locale: en-US
DateFormat: yyyy-MM-dd
PID: 3852 ('w3wp', Started='12/10/2014 5:42:27 PM', Priv=186Mb, Virt=700Mb)
TID: 26
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.18408
Thread was being aborted.
at ssServiceCenter.Actions.WsIntegrationStudio.WebSrvcIntegrationStudioEntityIntrospectionGetDatabases(HeContext heContext, String inParamusername, String inParampassword, RCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inParamserver, RLEntityIntrospectionDatabaseRecordList& outParamdatabases)
at ssServiceCenter.WebServices.IntegrationStudio.EntityIntrospectionGetDatabases(String inWSusername, String inWSpassword, WORCEntityIntrospectionServerRecord inWSserver, WORCEntityIntrospectionDatabaseRecord[]& outWSdatabases)
the error log was cut off .... trying again...

it looks like the introspecting the databases available on some of your servers is taking too long.

The databases that you are trying to connect to are they Oracle or SQL Server databases? Do you have linked servers configured on those databases?
they are sql server... there was no issue on Platform 8 ... and our connection is fast via sqlserver....

there should be no linked servers involved

like I said some of the connection strings work OK... different servers....

Seems like the Integration platform can't connect to the database server??? even though in Service Center the "Test" button runs fast and is OK....

wonder if there is something in the configuration that can be looked at??  as when we updated to 9 we had to redo the database connection ??
How did you upgrade the Database Connections? Did you create new connections with the new format and deleted the old ones or did you upgrade them in place?
we upgraded them in place
Darrell if you have access to the DB Connection database, you could try to execute the folowing queries:
  • select * from master.sys.databases
  • exec sp_linkedservers // this will give you a list of linked servers
for each linked server
  • exec sp_catalogs '<linked server name>'
If any of those queries take more than around 90 seconds you can try to:
  • Increase IIS request timeout, and
  • Increase the DBIntrospectionTimeout parameter on server.hsconf and then apply the settings with Configuration Tool

If the problem persists, please contact our support. We might have to dig deeper to help you.
I hope you are directly trying to import entity without creating it in integration studio. Try create entity with same fields as per the existing database then click on import entity this should work..

venkat gude.