Personal Environment temporary folder for storing files

Personal Environment temporary folder for storing files

Hello,

Is there a temporary folder in the filesystem on my Personal Environment that I can use to store temporary files? I have an extension that needs to write a file in the filesystem temporarily. Is this possible?

best regards,
Pedro Vieira
Hi Pedro

You can use the path returned by the .NET Path.GetTempFilename to generate a temporary file. 

I believe this is available on the forge component FileSystem.

Cheers

Does anyone know whether these temporary files are being cleaned up regularly?

Stephen Yeo wrote:

Hello Stephen,

Yes, the files in the folders are deleted regularly. All files with more then 30 days will be deleted. This is a cleanup process that runs every day and analysis files with more then 30 days.

That's why this is a temporary file storage, design for holding files for processing within 30 days, not to be used as permanent storage solutions.

Cheers

Miguel João wrote:

Stephen Yeo wrote:

Hello Stephen,

Yes, the files in the folders are deleted regularly. All files with more then 30 days will be deleted. This is a cleanup process that runs every day and analysis files with more then 30 days.

That's why this is a temporary file storage, design for holding files for processing within 30 days, not to be used as permanent storage solutions.

Cheers

Thanks Miguel for the prompt response!

Just want to confirm that this applies for on premise installations (without any further configuration) as well?

Stephen Yeo wrote:

Miguel João wrote:

Stephen Yeo wrote:

Hello Stephen,

Cheers

Thanks Miguel for the prompt response!

Just want to confirm that this applies for on premise installations (without any further configuration) as well?

Hello Stephen,

This only applies to Cloud installations,including the Personal Environment. On-premise installations don't have this feature out of the box, because it's not part of the OutSystems Platform Server. In on-premise installations, the IT team responsible for managing the infrastructure must deal with this requirement.

Cheers