Error in No-Lock Detach Tutorial

Error in No-Lock Detach Tutorial

Hello Everybody

I am following the No-Lock Tutorial just because this topic is one of the main aspects about Outsystems Platform. After downloading the source code I am trying to compile it using Visual Studio 2012 Professional Edition and I am having several errors concerning missing generated files. These are the error i am getting:

6>  WebWidgets -> D:\johannes.correa\Documents\Proyectos\EASaaS\Outsystems\DetachDemo\ContactManager\WebWidgets\bin\Debug\OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.dll
7>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Generated\EditableTable.Model.cs' could not be found
7>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Generated\EditableTableCell.Model.cs' could not be found
7>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Generated\Form.Model.cs' could not be found
7>CSC : error CS2001: Source file 'Generated\Label.Model.cs' could not be found
8>------ Build started: Project: ContactManagerReferencesProxy, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
8>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\johannes.correa\Documents\Proyectos\EASaaS\Outsystems\DetachDemo\ContactManager\PluginWidgets\bin\Debug\OutSystems.Plugin.Widgets.Runtime.dll' could not be found
9>------ Build started: Project: ContactManager, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
9>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\johannes.correa\Documents\Proyectos\EASaaS\Outsystems\DetachDemo\ContactManager\ContactManager\referencesProxy\bin\ContactManagerReferencesProxy.dll' could not be found
9>CSC : error CS0006: Metadata file 'D:\johannes.correa\Documents\Proyectos\EASaaS\Outsystems\DetachDemo\ContactManager\PluginWidgets\bin\Debug\OutSystems.Plugin.Widgets.Runtime.dll' could not be found

Do i have to build projects in some specific order? Do i need to download some dependencies?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

Hi Johannes,

Could you please tell us your current Platform Server version so we can properly help you?

Cheers!
Nuno Parreira
Hi Nuno. Thanks for your help.

Until yesterday I had Platform Server 9.0.0.2. Today I upgraded it to 9.0.0.19 version. I am actually redeploying all eSpaces and i will try detach process again. I will let you know any result.
Hi Nuno. Finally I repeated the process after platform upgrade and the detached code compiles succesfully. I have just another question: if I clean the solution and after that execute the solution i get many error messages. Is this a normal situation?

Nuno Parreira wrote:
Hi Johannes,

Could you please tell us your current Platform Server version so we can properly help you?

Cheers!
Nuno Parreira

Hi Johannes,

Thank you for your feedback. There were some problems with detach on revision 9.0.0.2 which our R&D team corrected on revision 9.0.0.19. That was probably the issue you were facing when trying to complete the no lock in tutorial.

As per our detach technote, we only support Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 versions to complete the detach process. Is it possible that you are using a more recent version? It can be the cause of the issue after cleaning the solution...

Cheers!
Nuno Parreira