HTTP Request Handler - how to use it - 

HTTP Request Handler - how to use it - 

Hi All,

I'm trying to implement on my app the Http Request Handler, actually the "Get Request Submit"  do you know where i can find some example to understand a bit better how it works?
For example i'm not able to insert correctly the arguments.

Many thanks!
Hi Simone,

Instead of trying to use the that method I highly recommend the ardoHTTP component from the forge.
The usage is a lot simpler. (and it supports more options)

Also if you are using Platform 9 you can consume REST API's directly in Service Studio.
Since REST API's are basically just simple HTTP endpoints it should also do anything you need.
http://www.outsystems.com/help/servicestudio/9.0/Integrating_with_other_systems/Web_Services/About_REST.htm

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Joao,

Many thanks for the suggestion!
I had a look of the REST, but i'm wondering it it would be better with a SOAP.
Basically i have an http server in one pc on the network:

"ip of the machine ":8080/InstrumentInfo?Code= "myVariable"

Changing the "myVariable" the xml page give me the info regarding that product.

Ho can i create the connection with outsystems?

I have created the RESTAPI but into the request i would like to insert a text variable, and then pick up the xml...I don't know how to define the Response, and actually even the request.

Thanks

Hi Simone,

From what you said I'm assuming that you need a GET request right? Or is it a POST?
Well, assuming you only need a GET it would look something like this:

This will generate an action with a Input called "myVariable" that will be sent in the url and (since there is no built-in processing of XML requests/responses) a Output of Text type that will be the xml text from the Response.

If your request actually needs something to be sent as a POST in the request body, then set it to POST and write an example in the Request field, Service Studio will create the necessary inputs.

Regards,
João Rosado
Thanks Joao,

I'm using a Get, and following the indications that you kindly has given to me I have partally implemented the process.
The part that I'm missing is how to insert the response into a structure.
I have just created a "Text" variable and linked with the response as well, but i'm not able to understand how to trasmit the xml and show it.

Could you please help me also on this part?

Many thanks!

Simone
Hi Joao,

Just finished, i have found the solution, everitying is working perfectly now!!

Have a nice day.

Simone