Compile Error, storeViewState(ObjectOutput) is exceeding the 65535 byte limit

Compile Error, storeViewState(ObjectOutput) is exceeding the 65535 byte limit

Hello - I am attempting to invoke an action that takes a large object as a parameter but I am getting the below compilation error. Is there a limit to the size of a structure that can be passed to an action? The argument is a structure generated from a web service input parameter.

Internal Error
Compilation Error.
compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /opt/outsystems/platform/share/eSRS_RuleService/full/copyToApp
    [javac] Compiling 212 source files to /opt/outsystems/platform/share/eSRS_RuleService/full/bin/app
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1. ERROR in /apps/outsystems/platform/share/eSRS_RuleService/full/src/osesrs_ruleservice/managedbean/flowwebflow1/ScrnTestRuleService.java (at line 818)
    [javac] protected void storeViewState (ObjectOutput output) throws Exception {
    [javac]               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The code of method storeViewState(ObjectOutput) is exceeding the 65535 bytes limit
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1 problem (1 error)

Hi Dan,

There should be no limit, but it looks like that action is generating too much code and hits a Java compilation limit.
I suggest you to open a Support Issue with it, so they can help you.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Dan Gaughan,

I also have the similar issue. Did you manage to resolve this issue? Is yes, can you help me here?

That would be of great help.

Regards,
Sarika
Hi Dan and Sarika, 

as far as I know, that's a Java contraint and not a platform issue. What do you mean by "large object as a parameter"?  What's the type, the size and does it really need to be used as a parameter?

Ricardo

Sarika - yes I managed to resolve this issue by breaking up my structure into smaller structures. I also ran into this same error when I had a form backed by an edit record with too many data elements (I think around 80-100), and again I broke up the form into smaller web blocks which resolved the issue.

Dan