ToObject funtion on multiple Entities Record Lists

ToObject funtion on multiple Entities Record Lists

Im trying to implement a generic export extension in c#. I want to pass a Record List as a object and convert it to a C# DataTable.

The problem is that, if the Record List has multiple entities, i only get one in the extension. Is this the expected behaviour of the ToObject function? Or am i doing something wrong?

I've tested with multiple serialization extensions (like ardoJSON, XMLRecords and CSV) from the Forge and the behavior is similar. Only one of the entities is parsed.

Best regards,
Hello Eduardo,

The ToObject function simply wraps the record list and passes it along to the extension.

As the author of ardoJSON and XMLRecords for Java, I can tell you that it would be possible to obtain the information for the other entities in the record list, I simply don't do it as there is no clear semantics for the operations I'm performing.

Both these solutions I mention make heavy use of reflection to obtain information from the given object. I recommend you take a look at the generated code and objects for joined record lists, and base your reflection code on that.

Feel free to use the code from any of my components as a baseline.

Best regards,
Ricardo Silva