[Twitter Connector] Can we avoid the user having to go through the 'Sign in with twitter'?

[Twitter Connector] Can we avoid the user having to go through the 'Sign in with twitter'?

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems
3 votes
Published on 18 Oct by OutSystems
Hi,

I have been experimenting with the TwitterConnector. I am looking for a way to provide user auth without having to go thruough the screens behind the 'Sign in with twitter' button every time (particulalry the Authorise App step). Can this all be done programatically, and can the user Access Token and Access Secret (as shown in the twitter Application Managment Keys tab) be used instead of the Application Consumer Toekn\Secret ?

Regards,
Dan.
Solution
Dan Jacob wrote:
Hi,

I have been experimenting with the TwitterConnector. I am looking for a way to provide user auth without having to go thruough the screens behind the 'Sign in with twitter' button every time (particulalry the Authorise App step). Can this all be done programatically, and can the user Access Token and Access Secret (as shown in the twitter Application Managment Keys tab) be used instead of the Application Consumer Toekn\Secret ?

Regards,
Dan.
 Hello, Dan,

I did a quick hack on the connector, trying to replace the obtained Access Token and Secret by the ones on the page you mentioned, but this only resulted in '401 Authorization Required' return messages.

Let me have a look at the flow to see if I'm missing something obvious, or even if deeper changes are needed for it to work.

In the meantime: have you figured out from the documentation if the usage of this Token/Secret pair is exactly the same as the one with a regular Access Token/Secret pair? Is the request signature exactly the same or does it differ in some way?

Solution