Trouble installing OutSystems platform on Centos6

Trouble installing OutSystems platform on Centos6

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to install the OutSystems platform on Centos6, using jboss-7.1.1 and Mysql. Everything goes well, according to the installation guide, up until the point where I need to run the configuration tool. I enter all the Mysql usernames and passwords, as required, but at the end, the script just exits with an error "An error has ocurred:No such device".

Has anyone else come across this error  ?

Below is the output from running /opt/outsystems/platform/configurationtool.sh :

Initializing...
WARNING: terminal is not fully functional
/opt/outsystems/platform/OutSystems End-Customer License Agreement.txt: No such file or directory
I accept the terms in the License Agreement (y/n): y
cp: cannot create regular file `~UNKNOWN/': Is a directory
chown: invalid user: `UNKNOWN:UNKNOWN'
grep: ~UNKNOWN/.bash_profile: No such file or directory
/opt/outsystems/platform/common.sh: line 401: ~UNKNOWN/.bash_profile: No such file or directory
Increasing the maximum stack size of jboss to 10240
Starting jboss-outsystems-mq:                              [  OK  ]
Starting jboss-outsystems:                                 [  OK  ]

===== OutSystems Platform Database =====
Database Provider:
  1 - MySQL
  2 - Oracle
  Your choice [MySQL]:

Configuration Mode:
  1 - Basic Configuration
Allows to configure the Server and Schema.
  2 - Advanced Configuration
Allows to configure the Server, Schema and custom JDBC Url parameters to be used by Services and Applications.
  Your choice [Basic Configuration]:

=== Database Location ===
Server []: localhost
Schema []: outsystems

=== Admin User ===
User [OSADMIN]:
Password:

=== Runtime User ===
User [OSRUNTIME]:
Password:

=== Log User ===
User [OSLOG]:
Password:

===== Session Database =====

Configuration Mode:
  1 - Basic Configuration
  2 - Advanced Configuration
  Your choice [Basic Configuration]:

=== Session Database Location ===
Server []: localhost
Schema []: outsystems

=== Session User ===
User [OSSTATE]:
Password:

An error has ocurred:No such device
UPDATE:

It seems it is related to a network inerface. Adding 'set -x' to the configuration script, I manage to see:

+++ /sbin/runuser - outsystems -s /bin/bash -c 'LANG=en_US.UTF-8 JAVA_HOME=/etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0 OUTSYSTEMS_HOME=/opt/outsystems/platform ANT_LIBS=/usr/share/ant/lib /etc/alternatives/java_sdk_1.6.0/bin/java -Djava.security.policy=/etc/outsystems/configurationtool.policy -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/etc/outsystems/configurationtool.properties -classpath /opt/outsystems/platform/lib/*:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatformutil.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.runtimecommon.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.common.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.databaseabstractionlayer.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/plugins/database/*:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.hubedition.servercommon.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.runtimeservices.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/lib/active.connectors/*:/opt/outsystems/platform/configurationtool.jar:/opt/outsystems/platform/outsystems.activation.jar outsystems.hubedition.configurationtool.PrintNetworkInterfaces'
Exception in thread "main" java.net.SocketException: No such device
at java.net.NetworkInterface.isUp0(Native Method)
at java.net.NetworkInterface.isUp(NetworkInterface.java:344)
at outsystems.hubedition.runtimeplatform.JavaNetworkInterfaceUtils.getEnabledNetworkConfigurations(Unknown Source)
at outsystems.hubedition.configurationtool.PrintNetworkInterfaces.main(Unknown Source)
Hello Hendrik

It seems that ConfigurationTool cannot find any network interface. Can you share the output of the command below, to list all network interfaces?

ifconfig -a

Thanks

Cheers
Hi Miguel,

Here's my ifconfig output:

[root@63c53374e0d1 /]# ifconfig -a
eth0      Link encap:Ethernet  HWaddr 02:42:AC:11:01:66
          inet addr:172.17.1.102  Bcast:0.0.0.0  Mask:255.255.0.0
          inet6 addr: fe80::42:acff:fe11:166/64 Scope:Link
          UP BROADCAST RUNNING  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          RX packets:100 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:93 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:14205 (13.8 KiB)  TX bytes:12395 (12.1 KiB)

lo        Link encap:Local Loopback
          inet addr:127.0.0.1  Mask:255.0.0.0
          inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
          UP LOOPBACK RUNNING  MTU:65536  Metric:1
          RX packets:230 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
          TX packets:230 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
          collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
          RX bytes:25352 (24.7 KiB)  TX bytes:25352 (24.7 KiB)

[root@63c53374e0d1 /]#

One thing to note though, is that my installation is running in a docker container. After struggling for some time, I've come to believe that that may be the reason for my error.
Hi Hendrik,

Thanks for the output.

Although the network interface is present, as you've said, there's a very good chance that the cause of the problem is the fact that you're running inside a docker container.

Currently, the OutSystems Platform is only certified to run on hardware or virtual machines, but not containers. In fact, we have no positive results in attempting to install the OutSystems Platform in container-like tehnologies.

I recommend you attempt to install on a virtual machine instead.

Cheers