HtmlToPdfConverter empty file generated ("PDF Generator not configured")

HtmlToPdfConverter empty file generated ("PDF Generator not configured")

Hi Community,

I'm trying to download a web screen as a pdf and am unable. Even using the examples provided with the add-in (default / google urls) the resulting file is empty.

This --> http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/7393/html-to-pdf-converter-discussion/
does not help.

In the logs i obtain the following message:
"The PDF generator is not configured. Please go into HtmlPdfConverter backoffice and upload the executable".

I checked around for quite the time and didn't find anything relevant. Can somebody help me?
Outsystems used 9.0.0.23.

Nobody can help me? Is it that obvious what i am missing?
Hi Francis,

The error message tells you exactly what the problem is. You need to go into the administration page of the component http://[your environment]/HtmlToPdfConverter/Administration.aspx and upload the binaries for your version (dll and executables).

Tha's also explained in the component help page: http://[your environment]/HtmlToPdfConverter/InstallationIntructions.aspx

You can find additional information in this thread.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Guilherme
Are you in the Personal Environment?

The same issue ocurred to me and it get solved by installing the mingw binaries, not the wkhtml ones.

Take a look at this post: http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/13615/could-not-find-file-c-windows-temp-tempiemrmnoanh-pdf/
Hello again.

Thanks for your support so far :). Either I didn't pay attention or it isn't very clear what needs to be done to have this module up and running!

Regardless, I have done what is suggested on the above threads and uploaded the mingw .dlls. I can now download the google and outsystems pdfs, but the default doesn't work :/. It might be related to the file types you mentioned (which should be "application/octet-stream"). I get "application/x-msdownload".

How am i supposed to fix this?

If i might add another question, is it possible to print as pdf a page with interactive data? Say a filled form or an image that gets dynamically added on that screen? Or even data on a pop-up?
Hi Francis,

Answering your questions:

Hello again.

Thanks for your support so far :). Either I didn't pay attention or it isn't very clear what needs to be done to have this module up and running!

Regardless, I have done what is suggested on the above threads and uploaded the mingw .dlls. I can now download the google and outsystems pdfs, but the default doesn't work :/. It might be related to the file types you mentioned (which should be "application/octet-stream"). I get "application/x-msdownload".

How am i supposed to fix this?
I'm not sure but this could be related with the browser you're using but I don't think that is the problem. However if you get the goolge PDF you should get any PDF. Are you filling the URL with a valid URL (that can be accessed from the server?) 

If i might add another question, is it possible to print as pdf a page with interactive data? Say a filled form or an image that gets dynamically added on that screen? Or even data on a pop-up?
The component renders a page by assessing the URL and "prints" all the information. So if you have a form that should be filled and then whant to print it the best approach would be to have another page that renders the form with the already filled data and then you use that page to render the PDF.

Guilherme
The pdf prints are working except for the "default url" on the module htmltopdfconverter. maybe it is related to the version or something.

The remainder works. Thanks for the advice, appreciated!
No prob. Now its time to use this in your own code :)

Let us know if you need any help

Good Day All!,

We encountered the below issue when using this forge component in our On-Premise Server:

Error Deserializing ViewState of page "/_WebErrorPage.jsp".
Request hash is (218313121) for the eSpace Version=11.

I've attached also a file for the complete description of the error. Initially, we are using this component in our Cloud Server and is working just fine. Since the application has to be hosted in our On-Premise Server, our Administrators migrated the applications and the component as well.

Our Server is based on Java Stack and we are not sure if there are other components/binaries that needs to be installed.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Christopher

Christopher Bautista wrote:

Good Day All!,

We encountered the below issue when using this forge component in our On-Premise Server:

Error Deserializing ViewState of page "/_WebErrorPage.jsp".
Request hash is (218313121) for the eSpace Version=11.

I've attached also a file for the complete description of the error. Initially, we are using this component in our Cloud Server and is working just fine. Since the application has to be hosted in our On-Premise Server, our Administrators migrated the applications and the component as well.

Our Server is based on Java Stack and we are not sure if there are other components/binaries that needs to be installed.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Christopher

That's an invalid login error (user does not exist or wrong password). Make sure those credentials are created in the new environment.