Linking between Modules

Linking between Modules

Doe anyone know the best way to link different modules together? Is it even possible to do? Thanks in advance for the help.
Hi Jason,

Can you please expand a bit on what you are trying to accomplish? There are certainly ways to link modules together, both via the platform directly as well as with web services.
Hello Nicholas,

For example, how can I link them so I can put a link to each module in the menu bar on the home page?
Solution
Jason,
It seems to me you want to link to web screens on another modules, right?
You should expose those web screens by making them public (in the properties of the web screen) and reference them from each module - add those references, so you can use them.
Solution
Hi Jason,

You can use Tiago's approach, or you could also create menu items with links to an external destination; the external destination being the URL of the entry point of your other deployed module. I think it really depends on your end goal use case to better define the "best way" to go about accomplishing what you need. 

Let me know if this all makes sense or you have more questions.
I'm also interested...

Maybe extending the question. 

If I have a enterprise size solution:
Application with two modules in each (Data and UI)
I have 5 Applications (AP, AR, WM, Inventory, Production)

Now to build one Menu that will allow me to navigate to role specific places over all the Applications / Modules.

(Is this the correct way of architecting it?)

Tiago Neves wrote:

Jason,
It seems to me you want to link to web screens on another modules, right?
You should expose those web screens by making them public (in the properties of the web screen) and reference them from each module - add those references, so you can use them.

Clever answer Tiago, however, this will likely end in circular references due to the other modules using the "menu" WebBlock in this module, and this module using the others' WebScreens references. 

Hi Milos,

The approach I suggested was for the use case that jason mentioned (see below), which doesn't imply any circular references.

What you are referring to on your post is a different thing and would of course lead to circular references which could be avoided with links to External URL - however that would be a last resort for me... It all depends on what you are trying to achieve and if you plan ahead your architecture the right way.

jason Kilkenny wrote:

Hello Nicholas,

For example, how can I link them so I can put a link to each module in the menu bar on the home page?