How to connect to Web Service and access data.

How to connect to Web Service and access data.

Hello All,

I have one web service located on another server. I want to access that web service using my Outsystems application. Please suggest me how to implement Web Services in OutSystems and connect with other Web Services.

Thanks, 
Suraj Borade
Hi Suraj,

You can find everything you need to know about Web Services in Outsystems here.

Let me know how it went. Feel free to ask anything if you still have doubts.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves

Hi Recardo,

I am consuming web service to get some data. For that I will have to input date. It's format is 
<InputDate>2014-04-06T00:00:00</InputDate>.

How to pass datetime parameter to WebService function since outsystems have date format as MM-DD-YY.

Thanks,
Suraj Borade

Hi Suraj,

You can try using the TextToDateTime() built-in function. (And you might also need to download the wsdl and change the parameter type to text)

Cheers,
Tiago Simões
Actually a web reference for a service with a date time will already be in that format by default, regardless of the date format selected in the platform.
Date Times sent in SOAP web references are always sent in ISO format, that is the standard for SOAP.

What is the data type of that input in your service? Text or DateTime?

Regards,
João Rosado
Data type of that input in my service is DateTime. I tried using TextToDateTime() function and other things but still response is empty in my outsystems application.

In 'soapui', where webservice has been built,it's returning correct responses. Those responses are in XML format. So is there any need to convert XML formats in string format to access in OutSystems.

In addition that,

In my webservice , if I pass any input parameter , it should return number of records . But this control dont have provision that to return multiple records as well.

Please advice..

Regards,
Suraj Borade
Can you post the wsdl or an example eSpace with the webreference for us to see?

Regards,
João Rosado