Bypass Send Email Validation

Bypass Send Email Validation

Hi, 

Wouldl like to ask if anyone here have tried to bypass the validation of of email format when sending email.  Hope to hear from you soon.  Appreciate your prompt feedback. 

Regards, 
Julie
not sure why you want to do that?

Hi, 

We have a client who has this kind of domain in their email. (e.g. example@NYK_JP).  It is a valid mailbox in Lotus Notes (their email app).  When we're trying to send an email in the system that we developed, Outsystem identified it as invalid email, we don't know why but our assumption is maybe because of its format. have attached an image for your reference.

Hope you can help us on this case.  Thank you so much!

Regards, 
Julie
ah, 

just make it a text-field instead of email?

Also, that semi-colon looks suspicious.
Hi Statler, 

The "To" and "CC" fields are already text fields.  The validation happens when we click the send button wherein we use the outsystem send email widget for it.

Hi Kilian, 
I just typed the semi-colon, was about to add another email.
Thanks.

Hope there's a way for this issue.

Regards, 
Julie
Julie,

The platform really can't know it's supposed to be an e-mail address if you don't tell it to. The fact that it says it expects an e-mail address means somewhere you've told it it's an e-mail address. Can you post the eSpace (or a stripped version) so we can take a look?
The problem is wheb it actually sends the email.
I think the current validation does not allow the _ character at least after the @
There is no way to turn off the validations of the SendEmail, but you should open a Support Case with it and ask for a change request if that is the case.
(Didn't actually test to see if it was the _, but it's the only thing I see wrong there)

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi again,

Just for the record, some info I found about it.
  • The _ in  the domain part is supposed to not be valid. So the platform is doing the correct thing.
  • None of the email address RFCs allow it (2821, 5321 or 5336)
  • In 5321 it is explicitly mentioned in section 4.1.2 that "In particular, the underscore character is not permitted."
Also, before someone else complains that something@HostWithoutDotCom should not be a valid email (and it is, so it is not the problem in this case) I will just link a previous discussion on that. Bottom line is that it is not a "public" internet valid email, but even though it is highly not recommended, it is valid inside enterprises
so the platform allows those.

Regards,
João Rosado
João Rosado wrote:
The problem is when it actually sends the email.
No, the problem is in the validation, as you can see in the image she sent. Of course, once the validation error is solved, sending the e-mail might very well fail, so you are right to warn against that :).