How Can I Upgrade my Personal Environment?

How Can I Upgrade my Personal Environment?

Hello all,

Together with the release of OutSystems Platform 9 Amsterdam (9.0.1), we’ve improved all personal environments to allow for single-click upgrade to our latest release.

Environments are updated by OutSystems on a regular basis, over a predetermined maintenance schedule that is announced in advance - which can take weeks. For interested developers, we’ve just created an express line for upgrading and taking advantage of the latest Platform capabilities.

If you’re one of these eager developers, we’ve made it easy to check on upgradability. Simply navigate to the Environments tab (https://<yourpersonalenvironmentname>.outsystemscloud.com).

You’ll find a new link to Check for a new platform release, which will check for a new release. If it is available, you’ll have the chance to schedule the upgrade operation.

The upgrade will take your environment offline for the duration of the operation, which is estimated to take 1 to 2 hours. It will start on the scheduled date and hour indicated after pressing the Schedule button, as shown below.

If the scheduled time is not convenient, you can cancel the upgrade by following the Upgrade scheduled for <day> at <time> link, and pressing the Cancel upgrade button.

We’ve put the power of upgrade in your hands, making it far easier to control how quickly you get access to new features and enhancements.

Cheers

Have questions about your personal environment? Check out the FAQ

Hi Nuno,

This is a much welcome change. As a developer I want to try out the latest version, test and be updated on what the OutSystems Platform is capable of achieving. Now I can ;)

I have done this procedure and my personal environment is now using platform server 9.0.1.3.

Cheers