EditableTable with Advanced Query

EditableTable with Advanced Query

Has anyone successfully used the EditableTable widget bound to an advanced query that is using a structure (not an entity) as the output?

When we attempted this, we immediately receive the following error when just navigating to the page:

Insert is not a valid operation for database lists.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Db.OSList`1.Insert(T record, Int32 position)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.Db.OSList`1.Insert(Object record, Int32 position)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.Iterator.InsertItem(Int32 itemIndex, Object dataItem, Boolean selectItem)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.Iterator.AppendRow()
   at OutSystems.Plugin.Widgets.EditableTable.OnRender()
   at OutSystems.RuntimeCommon.CollectionsExtensions.Apply[Type](IEnumerable`1 collection, Action`1 action)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.CustomWidget.OnPreRender(EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

We are having the same problem, can we assume that Editable tables cannot be used with Advanced Queries?
I think it would be wise to report this error to OutSystems support.
Hi Fernando,

It's actually an optimizer issue, you should open a support issue with it.

As workaround, if you call a ListDupplicate() action with the result of the Advanced Query, and then use the result of the ListDupplicate as the source of the editable table and it should work fine.
(note: didn't test, but I'm pretty sure it will work based on the error stack)

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi,

I'm getting this error just using a simple aggregate. Also, I don't believe bug #811110 has been fixed. The EditableTable still does not refresh correctly. I'm on version 9.0.1.25.
I managed to get rid of the "
Insert is not a valid operation for database lists" error by deleting and adding the EditableTable again. Sorting is also still not working.