Not able to call delete action.

Not able to call delete action.

Hello All,

I have written a "Delete" link on my list page. I am also using list bulk select and checkbox to select the records. When I am selecting the records, delete link is getting enabled. However, when I am calling Delete action from the link, that action is not getting called. Sometimes it was getting called but now it's not working. What is the possible solution to call the action from the link because on my other list pages that action is working fine. One more thing, on this list page I am displaying 1000+ records.

Thanks,
Suraj Borade
Hi Suraj,

Do I understand correctly that the problem you describe is that the Destination screen action is not called when the user clicks on the link?
Hi Kilian,

Thanks for the reply.

Your understanding is correct.

Well, that's decidedly odd, I've never experienced something like that. Did you check Service Center to see whether any errors are reported? And if you debug (putting a break point at Start), the action is never called?
Hi Suraj,

Can you check your error logs in Service Center?
Also check the browser console for javascript errors.

If I would have to guess (and I have seen this happen a couple times), is that if you have inputs or checkboxes in each line then IIS will fail with a security protection due to excessive number of inputs being sent.
If that is the case (and it will appear explicitly in the error logs) you will need to either need to configure IIS to an higher limit or to reduce the information in he page (pages with 1000+ records are bad in terms of usability anyway)

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Kilian,

I have checked in Service center, no errors are getting logged. At the time of debug, debug cursor is not going inside that action. Can you please suggest something why my pointer is not going inside that action at the time of debugger also.

Thanks.
Hi Joao Rosado,

Can you please suggest how to   to configure IIS to an higher limit. I have checked at my side and not getting where to set the limit.

Thanks.

Hello,

I debugged javascript on my browser.

It's giving following errors:

Error: The connection to the server was reset. Server returned status Internal Server Error
    at ConnectionError (_osjs.js:65)
    at Object.f [as error] (_osjs.js:65)
    at l (_osjs.js:18)
    at Object.m.fireWith (_osjs.js:18)
    at d (_osjs.js:26)
    at XMLHttpRequest.d (_osjs.js:26)

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
Hi Suraj,

The error I was mentioning should get logged into the Service Center error logs ... but it justifies the behaviors that you are having.
Here is a related topic talking about it.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Joao,

Sorry I was checking error log for other application.

I executed the action now and this error got logged in Service Center.

Module:
Global
Stack:
[1] The URL-encoded form data is not valid.
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Form()
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.get_Item(String key)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.HeContext.#Eab(HttpContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.HttpCompressionModule.OnBeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at ssProductCatalog.Global.Application_BeginRequest(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.SyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

[2] Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.
   at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.ThrowIfMaxHttpCollectionKeysExceeded()
   at System.Web.HttpValueCollection.FillFromEncodedBytes(Byte[] bytes, Encoding encoding)
   at System.Web.HttpRequest.FillInFormCollection()

-Env-
eSpaceVer: 1202 (Id=50835, PubId=55796, CompiledWith=8.0.1.25)
RequestUrl:  (Method: )
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/ProductCatalog-368-130779908385663125
Path: D:\...\PS\running\ProductCatalog.01504022210\
Locale: 
DateFormat: MM-dd-yyyy
PID: 2188 ('w3wp', Started='6/2/2015 5:49:18 AM', Priv=1509Mb, Virt=7146Mb)
TID: 37
Thread Name: 
.NET: 2.0.50727.5485

Can you please suggest something?

Thanks