Clear Email input box

Clear Email input box

Hi, how can i clear the Email input which is bind with email type variable. i am able to clear it only if the text in the input box is in email format.

Thanks
Rajendra Netlink
Hi Rajendra,

Could you explain a bit more what you're trying to do? And what behaviour you experience exactly?
Hi Kilian, I have a input box for emailID and i have bind it with a variable Email which is email type, i have a button which is used to reset all the input box, my problem is when the text in the email box is in email format its working fine but if the text in the email input box is not in email format its not able to reset the email input box i am reseting it by using email=""

Thanks 
Hi Rajendra,

What I guess is going on, is that you have Client & Server validation on the button. What happens is, that when you press the button, the platform java script tries to validate all the input boxes, and flags the email input box as invalid. Since the validation did not pass, it doesn't subsequently call the screen action. The solution for this is to set the validation on the button to None, so the platform won't check any values, and you can clear the content without a problem.
   Hay Kilian,Validation Property of Resed button is None.

Thanks
Rajendra Singh
Hi Rajendra,

You have a reset button which clears inputs of a form, right? You say that if the user enters a text email type ("aaa@bbb.com") it will reset, but if it's just normal text ("abcxyz") it won't clear it.
But what happens? The reset action ends with an error?
   Hi Tiago, No its not giving any error. when the validation property of Reset button is none.
Hi Rajendra,

Could you perhaps attach an example eSpace that shows this behaviour? It's difficult to tell what's going on otherwise.