Compiler error with List Output variables of SOAP service

Compiler error with List Output variables of SOAP service

Hi,

When creating a SOAP method with as Output variable type a List of <structure>. I get the following Error log when compiling.

compile:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /opt/outsystems/platform/share/ServiceTest/full/bin/app
    [mkdir] Created dir: /opt/outsystems/platform/share/ServiceTest/full/copyToApp
    [javac] Compiling 57 source files to /opt/outsystems/platform/share/ServiceTest/full/bin/app
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1. ERROR in /opt/outsystems/platform/share/ServiceTest/full/src/osservicetest/webservices/TestServiceImpl.java (at line 127)
    [javac] outWSOut1.value = new WORCContactListRecord((tmpoutWSOut1.value).ssRLContact);
    [javac]                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    [javac] The constructor WORCContactListRecord(RLContactList) is undefined
    [javac] ----------
    [javac] 1 problem (1 error)

Does anybody know to fix this?
Hi Martjin,

What version of the Platform Server are you using? I could not replicate that problem in my machine.
(was able to cause some compilation errors with outputs of "List of Integer", but not with "List of <structure>").

Also I could not find any submit feedbacks from you.
It's important for us to recieve the submit feedback information when errors occur, in order to improve the product.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

I have tried this on two servers:
Server 1: Java stack Version 9.0.0.6
Server 2: Java stack Version 9.0.1.4

I just submitted feedback to you.

Kind regards,
Martijn Habraken
Hi,

I see..
The problem is actually not the method (MethodWithInputRL) that has the "Contact LIst" output, but the other one (MethodWithInputStructure) that has a Structure with a single attribute of "Contact List" type.

In the past single attribute structures were optimized to be able to simulate "List Types".
Now that the "List Type" exists in the language, tecnically both of your 2 methods should behave the same way.

So you either just use your MethodWithInputRL method, or as workaround if you really want to use the other structure you will need to add some extra attribute to the ContactList structure so it is not a "single attribute structure".

Regards,
João Rosado
ah, Thanks João.
Without the action it compiles indeed just fine.

João Rosado wrote:
Hi,

I see..
The problem is actually not the method (MethodWithInputRL) that has the "Contact LIst" output, but the other one (MethodWithInputStructure) that has a Structure with a single attribute of "Contact List" type.

In the past single attribute structures were optimized to be able to simulate "List Types".
Now that the "List Type" exists in the language, tecnically both of your 2 methods should behave the same way.

So you either just use your MethodWithInputRL method, or as workaround if you really want to use the other structure you will need to add some extra attribute to the ContactList structure so it is not a "single attribute structure".

Regards,
João Rosado
 Hi João,
I continue to have problems with structure lists.
I have submitted the error I now encounter. Again there is a list of a structure, but this time the structure isn't a 1 attribute structure. What is it that OutSystems can't handle?

Kind regards,
Martijn Habraken