[Easy Gantt] Error using Gantt as Web Block

[Easy Gantt] Error using Gantt as Web Block

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2015-06-26 by Guilherme Pereira
3 votes
Published on 2015-06-26 by Guilherme Pereira
Good morning. 

I am trying to use Easy Gantt do draw a Gantt chart of a given set of Outsystems Objects, each of them with Start and End Date. I am following the ideas of the sample application but when includding the webblock and after processing my data and transforming it to the structure required for Easy Gantt I am having the following error into the Javascript Console of Chrome:

The bigges problem is that the page I am using to show the gantt gets blocked after the error an does not work properly. Any idea how to fix this?
Additional Information: same error is being produced by sample application. 
Ji Joahnnes,

I've the sample application running as the demo on my PE and I can't see the error you're describing. (http://lguilhas.outsystemscloud.com/EasyGanttSample/)

On what operation are you getting the error?

Thanks,
Guilherme
Hi Guilherme. Thanks for your answer. I downloaded the module, installed in an onpremise development server and tried the sample app.

I was doing a debug on the app and all the process is done right, it fails when control returns to javascript.

Guilherme Pereira wrote:
Ji Joahnnes,

I've the sample application running as the demo on my PE and I can't see the error you're describing. (http://lguilhas.outsystemscloud.com/EasyGanttSample/)

On what operation are you getting the error?

Thanks,
Guilherme

Hello Guilherme. I am doing some debugging to the javascript and this is were EasyGantt is failing:

It's failing in line 175 of Gantt.js. Doing a watch to the dates[y][m][d], you can notice that debugger says that is a "Invalid date". The weirdest part or everything is that getDate() function exists for the object. 

Do you have any idea? Should i be formatting dates in some specific way?
I just deployed EasyGantt on my personal environment and it works with any issue. Could be some problem with my local installation? Does it have any particular requirement?
Hi Guilherme. Againt with this issue. Please take a look in the next two following pics:

This first pic is when this for cicle at line 172 starts. 

It works fine for some iterations... until this: look how at what it looks the end of the cycle 'd' variable takes as value "index"... which of course is not a valid value to access an array and thus the "getDate" function is not found. The dates i am using are on the final days of the month... could it be a bug with this kind of dates? Should i add an if to avoid this specific value?

Kind regards for your help.
Hi Johannes,

I saw you PM but because I'm using an external plugin I prefer not to add customizations to facilitate future upgrades. I've used this component on several environments (personal, onpremises) but I haven't saw that behavior.

Can you share a small oml that fails in you scenario so I can try to analyze it and see what could be wrong?

Thanks,
Guilherme
Hello Guilherme. Thanks for your answer. 

The issue i was having with my project can be reproduced with the sample application. That's the weirdest thing of all: i installed EasyGantt in my personal environment and it worked fine. I used it in our local server, it failed. Same version. Without any customization. And it was failing no matter which browser i used: chrome, firefox, ie.

I think it must be an environment related issue and given i fixed it, i just want to continue ;)