Invalid compiler output.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an

Invalid compiler output.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an

Hi All,

We have the following error when publish a eSpace. It's happens when we refresh the references to other eSpace. 

Could you help us?

Internal Error

Note: Feedback with the eSpace send to support team.

Invalid compiler output.System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.RecordJoin.#smd.Compare(#tmd x, #tmd y)
   at C5.Sorting.#qd.InsertionSort(Int32 f, Int32 b)
   at C5.Sorting.#qd.IntroSort(Int32 f, Int32 b)
   at C5.Sorting.IntroSort[T](T[] array, Int32 start, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at C5.HashedArrayList`1.Sort(IComparer`1 comparer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.RecordJoin.get_Elements()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#8jd[#XEb](ICompoundType compoundType, Func`2 valueGetter, #XEb defaultValue)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#Hzb(ICompoundType compoundType)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#yKc(Reference reference, AbstractType type)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#xKc(Reference ref, #IH webBlock)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#xKc(Reference ref)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap..ctor(IEnumerable`1 references)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.get_ReferenceTypesUsageMap()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#ikd(ICompoundType type, TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.RecordType.Dump(TextWriter code)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.DumpEntitiesCSharp()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.DumpEntities()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.ESpace.Dump()
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.Compile(CompilationContext context)

Exception Details:
[1] Internal Error: Invalid compiler output.
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at C5.Sorting.IntroSort[T](T[] array, Int32 start, Int32 count, IComparer`1 comparer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#8jd[#XEb](ICompoundType compoundType, Func`2 valueGetter, #XEb defaultValue)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#Hzb(ICompoundType compoundType)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#yKc(Reference reference, AbstractType type)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#xKc(Reference ref, #IH webBlock)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap.#xKc(Reference ref)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.References.ReferenceTypesUsageMap..ctor(IEnumerable`1 references)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Interfaces.CompoundTypeExtensions.#ikd(ICompoundType type, TextWriter writer)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.InnerCompile(CompilationContext context)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.Compiler.Compiler.<>c__DisplayClass2.<Compile>b__1()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
[2] System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Hi Carlos,

What version of Service Studio are you using?

Regards,
João Rosado
We are currently using version 8.0.1.38 recently upgraded from 8.0.0.24.
Best regards
Pedro Domingues
Good morning i found that the cause of this error is an weblock parameter of the type recordList.
I have a weblock buit in eSpace A with the input parameter of the type recordList, that i use to build a larger one on eSpace B, and then i use weblock build in B in the eSpace C Where the problem reported is happening.

My question is if there is any platform limitation at this level?
Best regards
Pedro Domingues

Pedro, have you ever tried to recreate the webblock (simple cut and paste the same) and republish your espace, updating the references to the others along the application? Sometimes it solves problems like that...

Pedro Domingues wrote:
Good morning i found that the cause of this error is an weblock parameter of the type recordList.
I have a weblock buit in eSpace A with the input parameter of the type recordList, that i use to build a larger one on eSpace B, and then i use weblock build in B in the eSpace C Where the problem reported is happening.

Best regards
Pedro Domingues

André Filipe Siébra wrote:
Pedro, have you ever tried to recreate the webblock (simple cut and paste the same) and republish your espace, updating the references to the others along the application? Sometimes it solves problems like that...

Pedro Domingues wrote:

Best regards
Pedro Domingues

I thougth about that, and it was my firt test case i've done.
Then i rebuilt the weblock from the scratch step by step trying to identify what was causing the behavior and a blank weblock with just that input parameter is enougth to cause the problem.
Ok... so it's probably a bug. I suggest to open a support case, since there should be no platform limitations at this level.

Pedro Domingues wrote:
André Filipe Siébra wrote:

Pedro Domingues wrote:

Best regards
Pedro Domingues

I thougth about that, and it was my firt test case i've done.
Then i rebuilt the weblock from the scratch step by step trying to identify what was causing the behavior and a blank weblock with just that input parameter is enougth to cause the problem.

Any news about this error or bug? I just had this today. I though it can be fixed by doing a solution with 'Full Compilation' but still has it. I also already forwarded the feedback to OutSystems.

This are eSpaces from 9.0.0.23 to 9.0.1.25.
Good Morning JC,

In our case we had a weblock inside another with an input parameter of the type compose record (Multiple Entity/Structures).

The main Weblock (that does not have that input parameter) was referenced in a third espace that didnt had the reference to one of the entitys of the record causing this problem.

The solution to our case was to refer on the espace that has this problem the missing reference to that entity.

I hope this help you.

Best Regards
Pedro Domingues 
Hi All,

In case someone will also get this error. Below caused ours:

http://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/14708/amsterdam-css-optimization/#Post55644

Regards,