[Refactor] Data is not being reconnected

[Refactor] Data is not being reconnected

Forge Component
(6)
Published on 2015-08-07 by Francisco Menezes
6 votes
Published on 2015-08-07 by Francisco Menezes
Hi Fransisco,

I am trying to move some entities from one espace to another, but when I follow the steps in your manual the data is not being reconnected.

I tried it with a new entity, called TestMove. When all the steps are done, the target eSpace created a second new entity and the original entity is set inactive.

Please look at the screenshot, this is taken after all the steps. EspaceId 90 is my Source Espace, and EspaceId 59 is the Target. OSUSR_rk4_TestMove is the name of the entity that holds the data.

We are using Platform Server 9.0.1.9

Thank you in advance.

Hi Brian,

Have you fullfilled the pre-requirements before going trough the refactoring steps?
In Step 2, when publishing your refactor eSpace with the EntityMove declaration, is there any error in Servicecenter occuring during the OnPublish timer of the eSpace?
Hi Fransisco,

I took al the pre-requirements. I watched the Share Folder of my Target Espace being deleted. So this worked.

Also I didn't see any errors in Service Center.
Brian, please try the new version 1.2.2 published in the Forge and let me know if the problem is solved...
Hi Fransisco,

Thank you for your quick response, I will test it later on today, I keep you posted!

Brian
Fransisco,

The change works as it should. Thank you!
Hi Francisco,

We're trying to move some entities from one espace to another, following the all the steps in your manual, but the data is not being reconnected.
I tried it with a new entity, called MOVE_APP, but when all the steps are done, the target eSpace created a second new entity and the original entity is set inactive, as you can check in the following picture (the source is the id 425 and the target is id 428):

We are using the Platform 9.0.1.35 and the Refactor's version is 1.2.2.

Can you please give us some help or tips about why isn't this working?

Cheers,
GM
Another problem I got when I tried to query the moved Enttities is the following:

So, I lost access to the table and data.

Hi Francisco,
Related to the problems I got, I found that int the code you had a variable called TargetSS_Key in the action Entity_Move that was being assign but not used. I tried to use it to update the Souce and it worked for some cases:

So I have two questions:
1- I saw that in the previous versions of Refactor, you were using this variable. Is there any reason to stop using it?
2- Is there any extra steps to perform if the Entities are Multi-Tenant?

Hope you can help us.
Hi Gonçalo,

There is no reason to stop using the TargetSS_Key. That is probably the reason why the entity move is not becoming effective.

I will investigate this issue, comparing with previous versions to check when it was removed...
Hi Francisco,
It was removed in the last version, since in 1.2.1 it is being used.
I solve my first problem with this fix, but I notice that it only works with entities that are non multi-tenant.
For Multi-Tenant Entities can you explain how can with perform this operations, since it works with views?
I tried to change the attribute Base_View_Name, but it didn't work too.
Thank you in advance.