Multiple Database in one Environment

Multiple Database in one Environment

Hi all,

Today I got the question if it is possible to have more then 1 database in one environment.
I know you can have endless external databases connections and you can have more than 1 catalog in the environment database, but can you have 2 environment databases?

The other way I know is possible: 1 database can function as environment database for multiple databases.
Some of you guys have more information about this topic?

Have a good weekend all!
Hi Martijin,

Not sure if I understood your question.
Are you asking if you can have more than one environment in the same physical database server? (The answer to that is Yes ...but I'm really confused by what you wrote)

Or something different?
Maybe it would be better if you explain what you are trying to do, just to make it clear.

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi João,

Sorry let me try to explain. 
The question is the other way around. Can you have more than one physical database in one environment. This is a question from a client and I just want to make sure that I have the right answer.

Kind regards,
?Martijn Habraken
Martijn you can create multiple physical database and map it accordingly to an outsystems database catalog. You can also create databases, and create your own tables, then you can map it to outsystems entries via outsystems integration studio.
Tnx Robert.

Do you mean we have to create Widget so that we can insert/delete to respective database?

Robert Chanphakeo wrote:

Martijn you can create multiple physical database and map it accordingly to an outsystems database catalog. You can also create databases, and create your own tables, then you can map it to outsystems entries via outsystems integration studio.