Silk UI on Internet Explorer 10

Hi
I am using Silk UI and Liverpool Theme on many of my applications, but a problem arises as my firms default browser is Internet Explorer (v10.0.9200.17457).  When I open my applications in IE, it thinks I am using a tablet (when in fact I am using a laptop) and uses the responsive CSS to give side menu's, different  etc.

This is not an issue when using Chrome.

Is there a way to bypass this?  CSS change or settings change etc?

Thanks
Dan

Are you using the lastest version of SilkUI Framework? (Version 1.1.1 or at least Version 1.1.0)
what is the rendermode of IE?

We are using Version 1.1.1 of Silk UI and Internet Explorer 11 on our newer machines and 10 on older machines but both should be using HTML 5
Good morning Daniel and Georgios,

The Silk UI cookies were changed in the Silk UI Version 1.1.0. Sometimes, when you upgrade to that version, the old cookies still remain there, and that may be causing the issue.
Can you please try to clear your cookies and test again?

If that does not solve the issue, can you please share a screenshot of the issue happening?

Also, do you have the Silk UI Device Simulation on?

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus

Best bet is the suggestion of samuel.

however, what I meant was, what is the render/browser-mode of the browsers.
even though it's IE10 or IE11, when on intranet or set by administrators, the browser will render pages as if it's IE7. The joy of IE...

J, Samuel we have tried resetting cookies and hasnt fixed the issue.
The strangeness comes that it is working fine on my laptop (windows 7 and a Lenovo a couple of years old) but on my colleagues laptop (windows 7 but a newer lenovo with touchscreen) it causes the error.

How do I find out the render-mode?

Don't have the Silk UI device simulation on but when we did switch it on and put it to desktop mode it fixed the issue, so its the fact that IE is telling outsystems that it is a tablet when it isnt.  On Chrome this problem doesnt exist.

Hello Daniel,

In order to better understand the issue, we really need to see a screenshot of the issue. Can you please share one with us? 

Best regards, 
Samuel Jesus
See the attached screen shots of screens from both machines showing where it works (bar menu) and where it is causing an issue (side menu)
Could the touchscreen be the problem? That IE advertises as touch screen capable, and SilkUI defaulting to tablet mode?
Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the screenshots. This issue is most likely due to the userAgent returned by Internet Explorer 10 when on windows 7 touch.
Can you please give us some more information:
  • On the device with the issue, open the IE10, navigate to your application, and hit F12 to access the developer tools;
  • Select the "Console" tab, execute the following commands one at a time, and send us the results:
                    - navigator.userAgent
                    - SilkUI.GetBrowserVersion()
                    - SilkUI.GetDevice()
                    - SilkUI.isMetro()

Best Regards,
Samuel Jesus
Hi Samuel, I have attached a screen shot of the console results.
Hello Daniel,

Just to clarify, the issue is happening in IE10 or in IE11? 

Best regards,
Samuel Jesus

The issue is happening in IE 11 (v11.0.9600.17937)

Was there ever any resolution to this issue? I am having an identical experience. Is SilkUI inferring tablet mode from the Tablet PC 2.0 declaration in the user agent string?

Many thanks,

Matt.