[Unit Testing Framework] Any development going on?

[Unit Testing Framework] Any development going on?

Forge Component
(21)
Published on 5 Apr by Paulo Ramos
21 votes
Published on 5 Apr by Paulo Ramos
Hi,

I was curious about the development of this component?
There are feature request suggestions in the document.
and my bet is, the UI could have some loving etc..

Hi,

I don;t think there is any active development happening right now. The last thing added was the Java implementation, so the framework can be used on either stack.

One of the barriers to adoption of the framework for many people is the cost of adding many web service methods to act as the unit test entry points (this is how the "runner" part of the framework can call the test methods without having a compile-time dependency on the code under test). With the older software units licensing model it wasn't too bad, but with the Application Object model (where each test method counts as one object) it becomes expensive fast!

When I get chance I'm hoping to revisit this mechanism to see if there's another way to achieve the same goal (no compile-time dependency, no boilerplate code needed by developers of unit tests) but without needing so many web service methods / application objects. I think then it would be a more attractive option to people and would be worth spending some extra time on it.

(And you're right, the UI is still version 6-ish, it could definitely do with updating to Silk!)

Hope this helps!

Andy Burgess.