data types in entity attribute

data types in entity attribute

My publish action does not show a complete mapping of the data in the excel file to the
data that will display in a browser table. One of the four entries remains blank in the mapping shown in the 2x2 matrix.
Any one know the reason for this? Is it possibly because the datatypes in the incomplete mapping are
different, some records are numbers and some are text?
Hi Stan,

Didn't understand what you mean.
Can you show a screenshot of what is happening?

Regards,
João Rosado
Hi Joao,
Thanks for responding. A screenshot showing the sequence of events is attached.

Stan
Hi Stan,

You didn't show a screenshot of yout Web Screen, but does it have a table and aggregates to read the entity already?
If Its an empty screen drag your entity to the screen to create the rest of the logic.

Regards,
João Rosado
HI Joao,
It seems as if the bootstrap operation does not complete. I think this is because (1) the hourglass showing
the bootstrap calculation remains on, and (2) the matrix showing the entity attributes shows only three of the four quadrants. Please see the attached screen shots. Thank you very much for your assistance.

Stan
Joao,

I noticed when looking thru some of the "administration" advice the following notice in referennce to database
connectivity.

"This functionality is not currently enabled in your environment
The ability to connect to and automatically integrate existing and external databases into your applications is not available in your current subscription. To find out more about this capability or try it in a live environment please contact us.

The Databases Direct Connect feature enables the creation of direct connections to 'external' database management systems, such as Microsoft SQL Server instances or Oracle instances. Database Connections are managed and defined in Service Center and used by Extensions for automatic integration, via introspection, with external databases."

While Excel is not formally a database, perhaps it qualifies as one in your support system.

Thanks,
Stan Haavik

Hi Stan,

Sorry for the delayed reply, did not notice your answers.
The external databases limitation on the Personal Environment does not apply to Excel. There are no restrictions there.

Why does the mapping window shows a "--" in the last quadrant?
That means it did not find any collumn in your excel that matched the attribute "Ehrdata"
By clicking proceed like that it will create a bootstrap that only reads a column name "Criteria" and ignores everything else.

Can it be a datatype problem?
Yes it can, it the attribute "Ehrdata" is set to data type Integer it will not match even if the name is correct.
You can change it to text and it will match it regardless of the content (everything can be read into text)

Why doesn't it have any data?
That is a bit harder to answer just from the screenshots.
Even without any data on the Ehrdata it should have imported all the lines and fill the Criteria attribute.
Did you set it to mandatory or add any unique index to the entity?

What now?
Well you have 2 options now:
  • Fix your table to match the excel columns (names and datatypes) and repeat the boostrap process
  • Start it again and instead of creating the entity/attributes manually just drag the excel to a screen. it will create everything automatically instead of you having to require any matching process
Check this video that I just recorded as example.
As you see in the video it takes a few seconds after the module is published for the boostrap to start and the data become available. (It's a bootstrap timer that is triggered on publish. Timers usually can take around 20sec to start after triggered)

If you want to keep going with your entity I recommend to Cut (Ctrl-X) and Paste it (Ctrl-V).
That will create a completly new table in the database and avoid any problems with existing data or things that were badly boostrap in the meanwhile.

If it still doesnt work you can go to ServiceCenter and check the Timer logs to see if it gave any error.
See here how to go to your module Timer logs directly from Service Studio.
On the end of the table it will have an "Error" link if the bootstrap failed and let you see what was the error. (not in my video, since it was successful)

Regards,
João Rosado
Hello Joao,

Thanks to your kind assistance I was able to move thru the demo sections 1.2 and 1.3 and successfully build
my own variation on your demo. I then moved on to section 1.4 and ran into the problem described with the attached screenshot. Mainly at the end the work will not publish because I believe of a notice about widgets lacking in the "detail" screen.

Any help sincerely appreciated,

Thanks,
Stan Haavik

Hi Stan,

The difference in icons is normal. The videos are recorded in a older version of the Development Environment. The Bluish Screens without the outsystems icon is the new version, so you can ignore that difference.

Not sure what you mean by the other problem, in the screenshot on the document you attached there are no errors.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi Joao,
Thanks again for your previous assistance! You are most helpful and get me over my rough spots. I have been working very hard to create my ap modelled after the Demo 1.4  and get near to the end and run into some trouble. This is shown on the attached print screens which I hope will explain enough to give you the information you need. But if not please send further questions you may have.

Thanks,
Stan Haavik