More powerful searching in Service Studio

More powerful searching in Service Studio

Does anybody know any tricks to making the Ctrl + F search in Service Studio more... usable?
To give an example, after a naming convention change on the site, I'm having to change all text instances of "X" to "Y". However, I don't want to change anything but Text or String literals; anything else is off limits, as it could break something. Given that "X" appears on the site 6000+ times, picking through the search results to individually change each textual instance of "X" is terribly inefficient.

Since the Ctrl + F search doesn't recognize whitespace, I'm not able to differentiate between "X" or " X ". It similarly doesn't recognize common escape characters either, so I'm sure Regex is out of the question.

Has anybody learned any tricks/workarounds to make searching in Service Studio a more friendly experience?
No, that's a usability area that is dire need of improvement...
Hi Zachary,

You are right. The Ctrl + F search does not recognize whitespaces. However, there is a workaround for your use case.

Under the Edit menu, you can find the option "Find and Replace", or simply press Ctrl + R. There, you can use the "Match case" and "Match whole word" filters.

Nevertheless, your use case is valid, and we'll add it to our backlog, as an action item to review for versions to come.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves

Could you please, pretty please turn off the "mouse-over" on the magnifying glass.
I just want to click data!

Yeah, that's annoying as hell, especially since in some (most?) cases it disappears again before you have a chance to type :(.
Ricardo Alves wrote:
Hi Zachary,

You are right. The Ctrl + F search does not recognize whitespaces. However, there is a workaround for your use case.

Under the Edit menu, you can find the option "Find and Replace", or simply press Ctrl + R. There, you can use the "Match case" and "Match whole word" filters.

Nevertheless, your use case is valid, and we'll add it to our backlog, as an action item to review for versions to come.

Regards,
Ricardo Alves

Thanks for the pointer, Ricardo. I'll give that a try. Also, I'm glad to hear it is on the to-do list. I think Service Studio would greatly benefit from it.