Form record not bound in the web block

Form record not bound in the web block

We've seen this situation several times. When we have a web block with Form on it and form source variable being populated in preparation, the actual Form.Record is empty in the end, not bound to the variable. It seems that this happens when the block is being loaded/reloaded via Ajax. When the page loads with the block initially inside of it - it's okay. To overcome this, we are adding additional assignment Form.Record = Variable in the end of the same block's preparation.

I don't know if this is known issue, or if this is an issue at all - if it's not, than what is the explanation of it?
How the form source variable is being populated in preparation? Are you setting the source variable or the Form variable (Form.Record)?

Can you attach a 
sample eSpace?
Andre, I made an eSpace showing this effect - please see attached.
Igor, 

I suggest you to submit this issue to support because it seems to be a bug of Form Widget. I've placed an Edit Record after your form with the same source, and the values are being populated correctly (see attached).

For the record: I encountered this issue as well, and reported it to support on 25 November 2015. No reaction so far.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

For the record: I encountered this issue as well, and reported it to support on 25 November 2015. No reaction so far.

Any response yet? I might have encountered the same or a similar issue in combination with Silk UI Tabs component and the LoadOnClick = True property. On one of those tabs I have a webblock with it's own preparation, which will only be executed if the tab is opened. This preparation returns a record which should populate the form widget; but the widget remains empty. If I switch the LoadOnClick to False, the preparation of the webblock is executed when the page loads and the form widget is populated as expected. 

The workaround to assign the loaded record to the form works however.

I'm having a similar issue with a form not being refreshed after an AJAX request, but in my case there's no web block involved. 

In my dashboard I want the form to be shown initially without any data (blank), ready for creating new records. In the screen preparation I have a query for Id=NullIdentifier() to (not) populate this form -- yes, I could have used a local variable with the correct entity type, but in that case I would not have come to this problem. :)

In a button-associated Action (called through AJAX) I create a new record using the data entered by the user in the (previously empty) form. After creating the record, I want to show an empty form again, ready to create a new record. In order to accomplish that, in the same Action I refresh the Id=NullIdentifier() aggregate present in the Preparation and I refresh the form (Ajax Refresh), but the data entered by the user in the form that should now be empty is still shown, despite the Id=NullIdentifier() query having been re-executed. While debugging I can see that the results of the refreshed query are correct, but the wrong values are still shown in the form input elements. 

As in the previous comments, I had to re-assign the form record to the result of the query:

<EntityForm>.Record = <PreparationAggregate>.List.Current

Without this assign operation, the form didn't refresh according to the updated query results, making it look like the binding had failed in this scenario.

Hi Pedro, I think what you describe is intended behaviour. The Form, as the EditRecord, retains a local copy of the record, and you need to explicitly assign it after a refresh query.

@Rob: I'm not sure whether I ever got a reaction. I'm on holiday now, so I can't check. I'll take a look when I get back (in two weeks time)

@Rob: On 26-1-2016, I got word from OS they were passing this issue to R&D, after which it was closed. I'm not sure whether it was fixed in a release. For reference, the issue number was #1079809.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

@Rob: On 26-1-2016, I got word from OS they were passing this issue to R&D, after which it was closed. I'm not sure whether it was fixed in a release. For reference, the issue number was #1079809.

I also have the same problem, unable to track what issues has been reported and unable to followup the status of reported issue. Sometimes support case is closed without a solution! or open case without a response.

Any news about this bug being fixed? there is any work around?

Thx in advance