Using SMS services

Using SMS services

I would like to take advantage of SMS services. Employees want to get a message when an appointment is coming up. This they want to receive via an SMS message. I have 2 questions:

-how should I use the WapPusg extension and where do I specifically look for.
-What should be defined on the service center because now I get an error message with
"Warning: Error processing outbound. System.Net.WebException: Unable to connect to the remote server ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it"
Hello Rob

The Platform includes a built-in SMS flow support, but it requires you to setup a SMS gateway based on Kannel 1.4, to have it properly working. This is typically used for large amounts of inbound and outbound SMS messages.

If you just need to send a few SMSs, I recommend integrating with online SMS services. Here's a few forge components to help achieve that:

1. SMS Connector
  2. Clickatell Connector
If you really need to use this built-in feature for massive SMSs, then prepare for some configuration effort ahead. You'll need to:

1. Setup a supported SMS Gateway (Kannel 1.4)
  2. Connect the SMS Gateway to a GSM modem or SMS Account provider
  3. Configure the Platform to use the SMS Gateway
I would like to recommend some older posts regarding SMS, and direct you to the technical documentation that will allow you to setup a SMS gateway to be integrated with the built-in SMS support in the Platform.

Good discussion about the SMS built-in feature:

The SMS Built-in Architecture:

The installation checklist that provides the details on how to install the SMS Gateway:

The OutSystems Configuration Tool help on how to setup the SMS gateway in the Platform:

How to setup the SMS gateway forum post (old version - but the high level steps are identical):

Integrating with a third-party SMS Gateway:

Hope this information helps.