Sort using aggregate

Sort using aggregate

Hi,

The videos for Student shows sorting using simple queries and i am trying to use aggregate instead of simple queries but unable to do sorting.

I have added an input parameter as orderby and also used dynamic sort but the sorting doesn't seemd to work. I have also added the column attribute in the table records to map the entities and the attribute. But sorting is not working.
Please help.

Thanks
Deboshree Roy
Can you provide some example of what you are doing? Screenshot or OML?

Best regards,
PC
Hi Deboshree,

Have you used "RichWidgets\List_SortColumn" in front of every column? You need to use this control to sort every record and then table names.

Check the screenshot.

Regards,
Suraj Borade
Yes, I have used the RichWidgets\List_sortColumn in front of the columns on which i need to sort. And i have even mapped it with the column as "{Entity}.[Attribute]". After that i have created an input paramet as "OnOrderBy". In the preparation -> Filter i added a dynamic sort "List_SortColumn_GetOrderby(RoomTable.Id,DefaultOrder:"{Room}.[RoomNumber"). Then i added a new screen action "Ordertable" and in the execute action i added this aggregate. But still the sort is not working

So now, i am not sure what is missing. What i am not getting is that the input parameter is not mapped anywhere in the aggregate and what is it used for in sorting.

Thanks,
Deboshree Roy
Can you post the oml (or part of it)?

It's just simpler to provide some assistance, there can be a whole lot of things that could have this outcome, missing ajax refresh, missing the rebind of table if you are not using the aggregate directly, etc.

Best regards,
PC