Object Id Clearing Out

Object Id Clearing Out

I have a screen action that does an ajax refresh but it is clearing out the object id so further code is causing errors.  Is this because of the ajax refresh or it is this a bug?  This object had a name or it wouldn't be showing on the widgets list.

This is really weird... an Ajax refresh should not do that, since this Id is dinamically generated on server side. I suspect it's a bug... But you can easily workaround this, by changing the way you access this input: Use a JQuery selector to get the element (by a extended property set, or a css class) instead its dinamic Id.

Cheers,
We did a workaround already but when you only want to target 1 object it makes it difficult to refresh just the one.
Hi Rebeca,

Do you want to pass the value of that input control or just Id? If you want to pass the value then there are other ways too.

Regards,
Suraj Borade
Rebecca Hall wrote:
We did a workaround already but when you only want to target 1 object it makes it difficult to refresh just the one.
 But it seems you are refreshing all the table, aren't you? If you want to refresh just one element, you can try to create a hidden field with a destination Action that refresh it (Ajax refresh). So in the RunJavascript action you trigger it using $('#element').click() (or call WidgetClick action from Richwidgets). I think in the response the dinamic Id will be correctly genarated this way.

obs.:  if the input is inside a TableRecord, you can concat the CurrentRowNumber property with the extended property value of the input (used by the JQuery selector) to select an specific element.

We are refreshing the whole table because we are reording the items on the list.  We have other components outside of the table that have the same class as the one we are trying to refresh, so rather than just refreshing the one in the table we get all of them on the screen.