[Easy Gantt] example code?

[Easy Gantt] example code?

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 2015-06-26 by Guilherme Pereira
3 votes
Published on 2015-06-26 by Guilherme Pereira
I do not see the example code in the download.  Is there somewhere else to get it?
Hi Jason,

Inside the application you have two modules the EasyGantt.oml which is the component and the EasyGanttSample.oml which is the sample of usage for the component. Don't you find both in your server?

Cheers,
Guilherme
When I downloaded and opened it, the only ones it put in was EasyGantt however there was an error on install.  That could be it, will check.
Hello,

I'm trying to use the gantt view in a project with several months and I want to know if it is possible to view it by weak instead of the day view.

Thanks.
João Sousa wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to use the gantt view in a project with several months and I want to know if it is possible to view it by weak instead of the day view.

Thanks.
 I tried google charts for awhile and we eventually switched to high charts.  There is an addin in the forge.  It may take a little bit of tweaking but highcharts does support gantt and here is a full jsfiddle example: http://jsfiddle.net/gh/get/jquery/1.7.2/highslide-software/highcharts.com/tree/master/samples/highcharts/studies/xrange-series/

Thanks for your response Jason I will follow that approach.

João Sousa wrote:
Thanks for your response Jason I will follow that approach.

No problem - also one thing that it took me awhile to realize is that the google charts were somewhat limited in the way you have to pass them an object but with the highcharts you pass it a long text string(s) instead.  Of course from the forge item I have done a good bit of editing to the javascript for the chart itself, but the nice thing with jsfiddle is that you can edit the code behind the graph and see the changes it makes without having to go through the OutSystems layer so its faster and easier.  Then when you get the graph looking the way you want it to on jsfiddle its just a matter of copying and pasting the code back into the forge highcharts widget.  Good luck!