Monitoring

is there any front end to  check App server and data base  up and runnung.
Hi Nagesh,

What is your use case? The application server and database should always be up and running. Monitoring whether they are is an infrastructure thing, not an OutSystems Platform thing. Besides, how can you have an OutSystems app that checks whether the application server is running, when it can't run when the as isn't running?
My case is i just want to know is there any way from LifeTime we can monitor server is Active (up & running) like that. Like in weblogic server admin console we can see what all instatnces down or up like that.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:
Hi Nagesh,

What is your use case? The application server and database should always be up and running. Monitoring whether they are is an infrastructure thing, not an OutSystems Platform thing. Besides, how can you have an OutSystems app that checks whether the application server is running, when it can't run when the as isn't running?

Hi,

Service Center > Monitoring > Environment Health gives you an overview / status of all server services (for one environment).

However, it seems you're looking for an infrastructure monitoring solution. There are several available out there, and these can be installed separately.
Thanks. That helps.

Paulo Ramos
wrote:
Hi,

Service Center > Monitoring > Environment Health gives you an overview / status of all server services (for one environment).

However, it seems you're looking for an infrastructure monitoring solution. There are several available out there, and these can be installed separately.

I've used New Relic (very unhappy... it has very limited functionality, and it's real-time monitoring stuff kills AjaxRefresh!) and Solarwinds (very complicated and expensive, but has tons of functionality). I'd be certain that Nagios will work fine as well.

J.Ja