catching a ref cursor output

catching a ref cursor output

Hello there,
can anyone tell me the way to catch the recordset returned by ref cursor call. An example will be good.
any suggestions please ?
Leo,

I don't understand what you mean. Are you talking about Service Studio or Integration Studio?

Tip: when people don't reply, you probably didn't formulate your question in an understandable way.
Hi Killian,
thanks for the reply and i am sorry if i didnt made it clear.
I just want to know if there is any mechanism in service studio by which i can use ref cursor of oracle?
Hi Leo,

I'm not versed in Oracle, but with Advanced Queries you can send commands to the database (nearly) as-is.
Hi Leo,

Did you manage to fetch the records via a stored procedure call?

We're trying to write an extension that we can use to call an Oracle Stored procedure that has 1 output parameter that is defined as SYS_REFCURSOR. The procedure returns a resultset with 0,1 or more rows. Each row has a couple of attributes like an id, a code, a description, a creation date etc. We can't use the Oracle Connector since that is not available for the Java stack. The functionality that we want to use is not supported by Advanced Queries.

Kind regards, Gerrit
Hello Gerrit,
thanks for the reply. you are correct. Oracle connector lacks this functionality.
I am still finding a way around to get the records. Please let me know when you are done with your code. 
This will help a lot in accomplishing the desired result in an easy way.

Gerrit Bouhuis wrote:
Hi Leo,

Did you manage to fetch the records via a stored procedure call?

We're trying to write an extension that we can use to call an Oracle Stored procedure that has 1 output parameter that is defined as SYS_REFCURSOR. The procedure returns a resultset with 0,1 or more rows. Each row has a couple of attributes like an id, a code, a description, a creation date etc. We can't use the Oracle Connector since that is not available for the Java stack. The functionality that we want to use is not supported by Advanced Queries.

Kind regards, Gerrit
 Hello Gerrit,
we can do this by using oracle connector with input object as a record and output object as a record list.
we have manged to achieve this. sorry for the late reply but i thought it would be worth sharing the success. :)
Output object should bind to OutputList instead of SimpleOutputs