Quality Center API reference on Outsystems

Quality Center API reference on Outsystems

Hello All,

We are creating a series of web blocks on Outsystems to create users in various SDLC applications.
To do this, we have written extensions for each application and referenced it on Outsystems.

The applications which use either SOAP or REST are working as expected, however, one of our applications Quality Center 11.5, exposes its API via Dlls for Administration related functions, and you need to register this dll via the application on the system where you are referencing this DLL.

Now, when I write the extension via Integration Studio on my local machine i reference the DLL (its registered on my local machine and the code works in there) , but post publishing to the outsystems server, when i try to access the application i get the following error
Could not load file or assembly 'Interop.SACLIENTLib, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Now, my guess is that this error is because the dll, even though was referenced and published from my local system is not registered on the server and hence I am getting this error.

What I need is a confirmation, if the error is because of this reason.
Should this be the reason for the issue, I think the workaround would be to register the dll on the Outsystems server. Can somebody confirm for this as well.

Hi Shawn,

The error seems related with the application not being able to find the dll or one of the dependencies.

Usually you have two options. The first is, like you've said,  install/register the dependencies on the machine.

The second is to try and include them in your extension and have them deployed in the bin folder of your web application so they can be found in runtime.

To include the dlls you can copy them tho the bin folder of your .NET project

And then in integration studio make sure they are included in the extension and deployed to the correct folder

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Guilherme

Hello Guilherme,

Thank you for your prompt reply, I followed your method and i am not getting the error anymore, however, i am getting another error saying 

Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {61D770B4-2C9C-4BFB-9D39-0AF2033A297C} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

Does this mean we have to register the dll manually on the Outsystem server ?

Hi Shawn,

I'd say it's likelly. From the error it does seem to need to have something installed.

Cheers,
Guilherme