Beta Web Version of free studio

Beta Web Version of free studio

Hello,

I do not have a Windows machine in the household (Mac only) and want to download and run the platform to test it.  How do I get access to the Beta Web Version?  Did I miss something obvious?

Thanks,

Mark DeArmon
Hi Mark!

To access the web version:
  1. Go to http://www.outsystems.com/home/
  2. Click "Create Application..."
  3. And then "Limited Web Beta"

Hope it helps!
Mario
Hi Mario,

Unfortunately, those prompts are not what I see.  I have attached my screenshot from My Mac:

Mark
Hey Mark,

Would you mind starting an incognito window and test again? I did a test with Chrome and Safari and both worked.

Thanks!
Yep -- it was me using Firefox!

I am good ;-)
Great! Thanks for the feedback. Have fun :)

Is this beta still running ?
Yes, it is.
Is it open to everyone? :)

Cause I cannot get it to work :)

Best regards,
PC

Mario Araujo wrote:

Hi Mark!

To access the web version:
  1. Go to http://www.outsystems.com/home/
  2. Click "Create Application..."
  3. And then "Limited Web Beta"

Hope it helps!
Mario

I am on a MAC and using Chrome. I do not see the option above. I simply see DOWNLOAD (red box) and CANCEL. Have you stopped producing the beta web version for MAC?

Hi Harlan!

There's still support for this version. I will send you a private message to follow up.

Cheers!

Mario

Hi Mario,

Is the 'Limited Web Beta' still being actively developed / supported?  

It seems like one of Outsystems' best kept secrets - even when I questioned @outsystems and @outsystemsdev on Twitter a couple of weeks ago about the product being only available for Windows, neither account mentioned the version I could run in my browser.  I spotted it entirely by accident when logging in from my Mac!

Thanks,

Steve

Solution

Hi Steve!

Thanks for bringing this up. We're looking at the web version as way to measure the potencial of adoption from the Mac user base. I can't make any promises yet, but we are looking into this.

In the meantime, Mac users like us would have to stick with the VM to run Service Studio.

Cheers!

Mario

Steve Harman wrote:

Hi Mario,

Is the 'Limited Web Beta' still being actively developed / supported?  

It seems like one of Outsystems' best kept secrets - even when I questioned @outsystems and @outsystemsdev on Twitter a couple of weeks ago about the product being only available for Windows, neither account mentioned the version I could run in my browser.  I spotted it entirely by accident when logging in from my Mac!

Thanks,

Steve

Solution

Thanks Mario.  Is there an article which lists the 'limits' of the web beta, just so I don't waste time in areas which are known to be unsupported / not yet functional?

Regards,

Steve

You're welcome Steve! If you really considering OutSystems, I'd suggest evaluating using the non-web version as it will offer you a more fluid experience. I am not sure about the limitations, but we don't recommend it for full-time development.

Does this help?