Can't get swagger docs recognized

Can't get swagger docs recognized

I am evaluating outsystems for my company and am having problems with the REST API consume feature.

My REST Service has swagger v2 docs.  I can browse to them on my computer (inside my firewall) and on my phone (outside my firewall).

But when I put in the URL to the Outsystems IDE the error details say:

WebException.ProtocolError: The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.

But I literally copied and pasted the URL from my browser where it worked.

I have tried the URL to the actual swagger ui, the url path below swagger, and the url path that points to the swagger json.

The one that seems most likely to work is:

When I go there on my phone and computer browser, it starts out like this:

But it 404s in the outsystem module editor...

What am I doing wrong?
Hi Stephen,

Iiuc, the Platform tries to access the Swagger from the platform server, so not from your local work station that runs Service Studio. Is it possible that the server does not have access to that URL?

Also, in Service Center check the RESTDevService eSpace - if it has any outdated references, republish it, and see if that helps (we had a similar problem, except for a 500 error ("Invalid URI: The URI is empty") i/o a 404).
Hi Stephen,

ditto get the 404 error on

did you ever work out what the issue was to save me time?

Thanks in advance

Thanks in advanceHi Stephen,
Can you only use swagger for outsystems exposed api and not public API swagger files? 

Hi Stephen and George,

The problem is the the current version always tries to add a Swagger.json to the end of the url, as that is what the spec required. Unfortunately, most services/frameworks do not follow that part of the spec.

I already removed that restriction but it is only scheduled to be included on the next major version of the platform.

For the current version you will need to use the Swagger Proxy component.
The component allows you to add a url to any swagger documentation and it will create a url ending with Swagger.json for you.

João Rosado

Worked fine using the Swagger Proxy. Thanks João and fun to see how you use the platform itself to help the platform.