Upgrade Error Could not change the type of attribute 'Image' of entity 'Fault' from

Upgrade Error Could not change the type of attribute 'Image' of entity 'Fault' from

Upgrade Error

Could not change the type of attribute 'Image' of entity 'Fault' from 'Text' to 'Binary Data'. There are values that cannot be converted to 'Binary Data'. Consider creating a new attribute and logic to migrate existing values.

any advice?
Hi Juehua,

Did you already have data in the Image attribute before changing it to Binary Data? If you do, is it important or you don't mind losing it?

If the data in the whole 'Fault' entity isn't important, you can either:
  1. If you have easy access to the database, delete all data of the table manually and try republishing the eSpace.
  2. Otherwise, change the Image attribute back to 'Text' temporarily, and create a Timer to delete all the records (using the DeleteFault entity action) on publish. Publish that version and wait for the timer to run. You can then change the attribute to 'Binary Data' and remove the timer.
Let me know if this helps.

Cheers,
Paulo
Thx. I solved it by delete 'Image' attribute and add an 'Picture' attribute with Binary Data Type into 'Fault' Entry. To use timer to delete all records is a good idea. I want to try that one.