Integrating Test tools like Telerik Test studio / CodedUI via TestAutomator

Integrating Test tools like Telerik Test studio / CodedUI via TestAutomator

Hi,
I am relatively new here and this is my first post.

I would like to know whether we can integrate tests created using Telerik test studio / CodedUI using Test Automator plugin or anyother mechanism.

When i say tools, it has its own commandline for execution and tests have tool specific extensions.
All i could get it Selenium RC scripts can be used via Test Automator.

Can someone please clarify my doubt as we are planning to integrate UI tests in outsystems.

Thanks,
VVP
As long as it's testing the UI like Selenium, Ghost Inspector, etc., you should be able to use it to test.

J.Ja
Thats good news.
Can you describe the steps or point to documentation. I couldnt find any docuemntaion..
We have some applicaiton and trying to integrate UI tests.
Hence anyu help will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
VVP
It's all dependent on *your* tool. There's nothing OutSystems-specific about the testing. The important things to keep in mind: the exact ID of elements will change, so do NOT use the ID to select specific elements. Instead, either use a regex to figure out which IDs to select... or use the "extended properties" of on-screen elements to add unique labels, those extended properties become HTML attributes at runtime, and your test tool can select by those instead.

J.Ja
Yes agreed. We will request dev team to provide some unique identifier. 
But lets say i have a binary folder which have all tests. How do i plug it in with outsystems?

Thanks,
VVP
I don't know what you mean by a binary folder with the tests, that sounds like something to be handled outside of OutSystems.

J.Ja
Excuse me if i sounds confusing. As i mentioned i am very new to outsystems.
I will brief current process we follow in other projects using selenium with C#
1. We will create tests using Selenium + C#  + Nunit in Visual Studio.
2. We copy the binary folder including test data and execute using Nunit.Execution is done using teamcity.

I am trying to relate to this process.

Ah, I see. I don't think you would want to be deploying your testing systems on the same servers that your OutSystems stuff is running on. I would keep it separate.

J.Ja
ok even if i keep separate how do i configure.
Can i point to batch file which will execute my scripts?
I really don't know this product, I can't tell you how to use it. You might want to look at "Test Automator" to see how they do things:
http://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-discussions/82/Test+Automator

J.Ja