[Bug] EditableTable appending empty record to the list

[Bug] EditableTable appending empty record to the list

Hello, forum!

I think I've encountered a bug regarding EditableTables. I've noticed it always appends an empty record to the end of the list.

Example:

When I add 2 items to MyEditableTable and then access MyEditableTable.List, I find it actually contains 3 records, the last one being a record with null values.

This has been pretty annoying since I cannot safely assign the list to other entities.

Could you please confirm this issue?

Service Studio version: 9.0.1.55
Hi Caio

I can confirm your findings.

Example1: 
10 rows from database displayed and you do nothing but press a button to a empty action the following will occur
CurrentRowNumber = 10
Length = 11
List Element 11 will contain a 'null' version of the row

So can you trust CurrentRowNumber. No you can not as the following highlights
10 rows from database displayed and start to add a new row but dont complete, press a button to a empty action the following will occur
CurrentRowNumber = 11
Length = 12
List Element 11 will contain your un-commited row
List Element 12 will contain a 'null' version of the row

So the widget saves a lot of time but you must be wary of what is returned is not necessarily what has been commited to the database. I'm sure someone will offer their workarounds to achieve what you want to acheive but I am thankful for this great widget all the same

Cheers
George
George,

I've requested a ticket reporting the issue. I've attached a screenshot showing the problem in the debug watch.
up to you Caio,

but I would be inclined to say it works as advertised...we just had to learn how it worked. If you need what is actually on the database you can not trust what's is on a webpage period..

George Jeffcock wrote:
up to you Caio,

but I would be inclined to say it works as advertised...we just had to learn how it worked. If you need what is actually on the database you can not trust what's is on a webpage period..

Hello George,

Regardless of whether the data comes from the database or if it's a hand-built list in the preparation of a WebScreen, I strongly believe that a RecordList with Length = 2 that actually contains 3 records (the last one being null) is an unexpected behavior.