File Manager Integration on Ckeditor

File Manager Integration on Ckeditor

Hello,

I'm developing an application to build text documents using the CKEditor as an inline text editor.
Now, I'm having an issue with the upload image functionality. The standard procedure implies that the user choose the image from his computer, for example, and then send it to the server (not very user-friendly).
I would like to use drag and drop plugins like this one (http://sdk.ckeditor.com/samples/fileupload.html#uploading-dropped-and-pasted-images)
but it is necessary to link it to a file manager. 
I tried to link it to KCFinder because the integration seems to me very straightforward, but i failed to do it. My application is running on a IIS web server and the PHP files from KCFinder are not recognized.
My question is, should i look for different alternatives, if yes, which one you suggest?
On the other hand, should i tried to install  PHP in the IIS? 
I'm open to any idea.

Thank you for your time,
Filipe Ferreira

Hi Filipe,

From a quick read on the CKEditor documentation what it needs for the file integration is just some application that can handle those 4 urls.

Why don't you create 4 screens for them in your OutSystems module?

Regards,

João Rosado

Go for the plugin.

I never tried, but should be straight foward, stay away from KCFinder and PHP files.

Other option is to try other Editor like:
-
Froala Image upload seems great!

Best regards

Daniel Martins

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Filipe,

From a quick read on the CKEditor documentation what it needs for the file integration is just some application that can handle those 4 urls.

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi João,

Thank you for your quick reply. I will try your solution. 

Best regards,
Filipe Ferreira

Daniel Martins wrote:

Go for the plugin.

I never tried, but should be straight foward, stay away from KCFinder and PHP files.

Other option is to try other Editor like:
-
Froala Image upload seems great!

Best regards

Daniel Martins

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the advice. 

Best regards,
Filipe Ferreira

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Regards,

João Rosado

Hi João,

I've created one screen to handle the image upload request, but the drag and drop plugin is waiting a JSON response and I don't know how to overcome that. It is possible to do it at the end of the preparation?
Should I expose a REST API that already send the proper response in JSON instead, and do the logic there?

Regards,
Filipe Ferreira

Hi,

You could do it in a Screen ending with a Download Node.

But probably it will be a lot easier with the REST API for those endpoints as they will do most of the work automatically for you.

Where did you find the documentation for the plugin implementation? I tried looking it up and couldn't find the part where they say the expected request/response of those urls.

Regards,
João Rosado

Solution
João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

But probably it will be a lot easier with the REST API for those endpoints as they will do most of the work automatically for you.

Where did you find the documentation for the plugin implementation? I tried looking it up and couldn't find the part where they say the expected request/response of those urls.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

The plugin documentation is in the link below:
http://docs.ckeditor.com/#!/guide/dev_file_upload

I implemented with success the REST API and now I can finally drag and drop images into the editor. 
I set the filebrowserImageUploadUrl property of the CKeditor to the endpoint and the trick was done. 

Thanks for your quick replies.

Best regards,
Filipe Ferreira

Solution
João Rosado wrote:

Hi,

Regards,
João Rosado

Hi João,

In the core were I implemented the REST service, I'm geting a compilation error as shown in the attached image.
After 3 or 4 times I can finally publish the core but the error persists.
Do you know what it can be?

Regards,
Filipe Ferreira

Hi Filipe,

Do you have any antivirus on the server without the Platform Server folder excluded?

I've seen antivirus (including Windows Defender) locking the assemblies while they are being generated and there are instructions in the checklist to disable them on the platform folders.

Regards,
João Rosado

João Rosado wrote:

Hi Filipe,

Do you have any antivirus on the server without the Platform Server folder excluded?

I've seen antivirus (including Windows Defender) locking the assemblies while they are being generated and there are instructions in the checklist to disable them on the platform folders.

Regards,
João Rosado

Hello João,

We redirect the issue to our system admnistration team and now, the problem is solved.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Filipe Ferreira