[FeedbackMessage++] Feedback message does not show when navigating away from screen

[FeedbackMessage++] Feedback message does not show when navigating away from screen

Forge Component
(7)
Published on 19 May by André Siébra
7 votes
Published on 19 May by André Siébra

It turns out the feedback message does not show when, after the message is issued, the navigation flows away from the screen. 

See my demo page for the difference between the original Rich Widgets and the new FeedbackMessage++ solution. 

Click on the right upper side buttons that will show a message. Check the Stay checkbox to stay on the screen, and leave unchecked to navigate to another screen. 

Hi Peter,

This is probably a bug with the script flow... I'll check this out as soon as possible. I'm planning to publish a new version next week with some fixes.

Thank you for the feedback!

Cheers,

André Siébra

Hi all,

Would be nice to see this fixed indeed.

Kind regards,

Evert

Dear André Siebra,

Congratulations on the component, I am using in my projects, already have a solution to the problem of not being displayed when you navigate to another page?

Best regards

Huarlem Lima

Huarlem Lima wrote:

Dear André Siebra,

Congratulations on the component, I am using in my projects, already have a solution to the problem of not being displayed when you navigate to another page?

Best regards

Huarlem Lima

Hi Huarlem! I'm glad you are enjoying the component. 

Sorry, I could not find a solution yet. Currently I'm very busy with a project I'm working on... so I had to postpone this fix. I hope this weekend I will fix this out. 

Cheers,

Hi André, 

Looks like you are still very busy with your current project, since it has been two months since the latest reply. Do you have any idea when you will be able to work on this wonderful component again?

Kind regards,
Peter

André Siébra wrote:

Huarlem Lima wrote:

Dear André Siebra,

Best regards

Huarlem Lima

Hi Huarlem! I'm glad you are enjoying the component. 

Sorry, I could not find a solution yet. Currently I'm very busy with a project I'm working on... so I had to postpone this fix. I hope this weekend I will fix this out. 

Cheers,

Hi Peter!

yeah... sorry for the late but I'm really very busy, but it's getting better (I hope). One day I was working at it and unafortunately I have bad news... 

This component basically overloads the implementation of the original Richwidgets Feedback Message. So there's some limitations when working with it. I took a look at the problem of not being displayed when navigating to another page. I realized that the Richwidgets' component uses Session variables to store the message info to allow showing it at another page. This logic is in the WidgetsForLayout webblock that is placed inside the Layout. 

It works like this: when you call feedback message action it stores the message in the session. So when you navigate to another page, the layout preparation verifies if this session variable is filled and displays the message.

I can handle the javascript to change the way how the message is displayed, but I can't assign the message to a session variable that exists in another espace (Richwidgets). I've tried a lot of ways, but without success.

I'm still trying to find a way to overcome this... if you guys have any idea, I would appreciate a lot!

Cheers