Session variables for an anonymous user

Session variables for an anonymous user

Hi Guys,

The problem I'm facing is the use of Session variables without a user.

I have an application that user go to through another non-OutSystems application. In the URL of the OutSystems application I have the Employee number that lets me know how I'm dealing with. 

The Employee then does some things and after 30s or when the user hits the back button he will be redirected back to the non-OutSystems application. 

So the problem is that I expected that every time a User comes to my application (witch is all anonymous acces) that a new (anonymous) session is created. But after testing it looks like all the users are using the same session. 

Can someone confirm that this is true? So all anonymous acces to an eSpace (On the same computer) uses the same session?

Kind Regards,
Martijn 

Hi Martijn,

I'm expecting to have a behavior like: Every request (unauthenticated) from the same browser will have the same session.

If is this the behavior you're having, I would say that that is correct.

If not, give us more context, please.

Best regards

Nuno Maurício wrote:

Hi Martijn,

I'm expecting to have a behavior like: Every request (unauthenticated) from the same browser will have the same session.

If is this the behavior you're having, I would say that that is correct.

If not, give us more context, please.

Best regards

That's the behavior indeed. Is there a way to force an new session? Or do I need to make actions to reset all the session variables?

Martijn,

As far as I know, you have to deal with it yourself.

Mmm, okay. That's to bad. 

Thanks for the confirmation.