Check box on change action is executed multiple times

Check box on change action is executed multiple times

Hi,

I want my button to be enabled after my checkbox value is selected.

For this I have written screen action to refresh button widget setting its enabled to the boolean value from check box

My screen action looks like this

My problem is that once the ajax refresh happens this screen action is executed again with the boolean now set to false.

As a result the button is enabled for a sec and is disabled again.

Please assist. I cannot understand why this action is executed multiple times

Hi Ankit,

Actually on the checkbox you are double clicking that`s why your action is calling 2 times.

There are two solutions:

1. Click single time on checkbox

2. Write some jqury script to disable double click event on checkbox.

Regards

SK

Hi Ankit,

I can't reproduce your situation so I will tell you what I did (it's working :) ):

1. I added a button to the screen and named it (it  must be named so I can use it on the Ajax widget later);
  2. Created a boolean var in the screen and then assign its value to the "Enabled" property of the button created in step 1;
  3. Added a checkbox to the screen, assigned the var created in the step above to the "Variable" property and an action to the "On Change" event where I put a "Ajax Refresh" widget refreshing my button.

I've attached the oml so you can inspect the code.

Regards,
Thomas

Thomas Robinson wrote:

Hi Ankit,

I can't reproduce your situation so I will tell you what I did (it's working :) ):

1. I added a button to the screen and named it (it  must be named so I can use it on the Ajax widget later);
  2. Created a boolean var in the screen and then assign its value to the "Enabled" property of the button created in step 1;
  3. Added a checkbox to the screen, assigned the var created in the step above to the "Variable" property and an action to the "On Change" event where I put a "Ajax Refresh" widget refreshing my button.

I've attached the oml so you can inspect the code.

Regards,
Thomas

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for the feedback.

I am still struggling to make it work .

Shall try some other way and let you know .

Regards

Ankit

Ankit,

I am guessing it may be problem of your mouse at the time of single click it is clicking twice(double click).

Please check with some other system because at my side there are no issue.

Regards

SK

Sahshi kant Shukla wrote:

Ankit,

I am guessing it may be problem of your mouse at the time of single click it is clicking twice(double click).

Please check with some other system because at my side there are no issue.

Regards

SK

Hi Sahshi,

Thanks for the feedback .

I'll check and let you know.

Best Regards

Ankit Sharma