[Multi Tenant Management] Tenant users

[Multi Tenant Management] Tenant users

Forge Component
(1)
Published on 8 Feb by Carlos Alfaro
1 vote
Published on 8 Feb by Carlos Alfaro

Hi.

The app only allows create new users to add a new tenant?

How can I add existing users to a new tenant?

Regards.

Gonçalo Almeida

What do you mean by existing users , the users in {USER} entity ? Existing users should also belongs to some tenant.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Jain.

Thanks for you answer.

Yes, the users in {USER} entity.

I have installed the Multi Tenant Management and all existing users belongs to the "users (default tenant)".

I pretend to take one of those users and assign a new tenat.

Regards.

Gonçalo Almeida

Pramod Jain wrote:

What do you mean by existing users , the users in {USER} entity ? Existing users should also belongs to some tenant.

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Goncalo,

You need to write your own logic to move your user from user tenant to other tenant..you have user details with you so you can create a new user with same information ( copying from user tenant ) in other tenant and than you can delete the user from user tenant.

You can also write your logic to update tenant id .

Regards

-PJ-

Hi Goncalo,

New Tenant means a different User Management. For example you only have one application for 2 or more completely different companies (Tenants).

We have the default Tenant (Users) but to add new users to a tenant that you create you should create a new user. That user will be saved in User table but with a different TenantId for you will be able to manage the Users per Tenant.

Imagine a big company that have 2 brands, one stronger other low cost, they have a multi tenant application to manage purchases. You (a person) are client from the 2 brands, you are a person but you will have 2 users. For me doesn't makes sence switching users from tenants and because of that you don't see that action here and I don't know you requirements but sounds me strange.

You have great information related from Multi-Tenant provided from Outsystems and because the Outsystems built-in User application is not able to manages Users in a Multi Tenant environment this application is realy good to you understand how should work and adapt it to your needs.

Kind regards,

Nuno Oliveira