check wheter file is Dlemiter,CSV or tab

check wheter file is Dlemiter,CSV or tab

Hi ,

Could you please provide solution to check whether file contains '|'(delimiter),CSV ot tab.

Please provide as earliest as possible.

Thanks,

Shivakumar 

Hi Shivakumar,

First, probably to a limited command of English, your question sounds rather rude. You ask for a "solution" and for us to provide it "as earliest as possible". That's not how it works. In order to get assistance, you explain the problem, tell us what you've already tried (and why it didn't work), and ask for help. An example:

"Hi, I am trying to determine whether a certain file contains delimiters like "|", "," or tab. I tried [all the stuff you tried], but I can't seem to find a solution. Can you please point me in the right direction? Thanks."

That said, let's start with the files. Where do these files live? Are they on a network drive, in the cloud, FTP drive, Google Drive, in the database, uploaded by the user, etc.?

Kilian Hekhuis,

I'm new to outsystem,I need upload the delimted file to database,before uploading I need to do the validation  for
whether file contains '|',','and Tab.

Please could you please tell me the syntax to validated the file.

Hi Shivakumar,

No need to shout :). When you upload a file via the Upload widget, you receive the file's contents as Binary. In order to inspect it without using an Extension (and doing the inspection in C# or Java), you need to convert it to Text. The BinaryData system extension can do this for you, via the BinaryDataToText action (I assume you know how to reference this action in order to use it).

Once you have the contents as Text, you can check it's contents with the built-in text functions (e.g. Index) or use regular expressions (Regex_Search action from the Text extension). Note that this will only allow you to do some very basic checks. In order to verify whether a file is completely valid according to some definition, you'll probably need to write an extension.

EDIT: I know see you have posted this in the "Community Quick Guides" forum. In the future, it's better to use the "Technology & Integration" forum.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Shivakumar,

No need to shout :). When you upload a file via the Upload widget, you receive the file's contents as Binary. In order to inspect it without using an Extension (and doing the inspection in C# or Java), you need to convert it to Text. The BinaryData system extension can do this for you, via the BinaryDataToText action (I assume you know how to reference this action in order to use it).

Once you have the contents as Text, you can check it's contents with the built-in text functions (e.g. Index) or use regular expressions (Regex_Search action from the Text extension). Note that this will only allow you to do some very basic checks. In order to verify whether a file is completely valid according to some definition, you'll probably need to write an extension.

EDIT: I know see you have posted this in the "Community Quick Guides" forum. In the future, it's better to use the "Technology & Integration" forum.

HI ,

Thanks Kalian ,I'm Implemented same as your explanation,but I need syntax/code to validate the

file.

Thanks, 

Hi Shivakumar,

I'm not sure I understand your question. Or rather, if I do understand your question, you want me to provide ready-to-run code? I'm sorry, it just doesn't work that way. If you have trouble understanding Index or Regex_Search, I'd be happy to provide help, but I'm not going to do your homework.