New notification mail - missing link and "mark as resolved"

New notification mail - missing link and "mark as resolved"

  

In the new notification e-mail (on replies to posts), there's no link anymore to the particular post. Clicking the link with the topic description takes you to the top of the topic, and you'll need to navigate to the bottom yourself, which I find quite annoying.

Secondly, at the bottom there's a "Mark as Resolved" link, but it's always there, even of you're not the topic originator. I'm not sure what happens if I click the link (didn't dare :)), but I think that, since the OP is the only one that can mark a topic resolved, that the Mark as Resolved link shouldn't be there all the time.

Hi Kilian, 

Thanks for the feedback. I will make sure this will be looked at.


Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

In the new notification e-mail (on replies to posts), there's no link anymore to the particular post. Clicking the link with the topic description takes you to the top of the topic, and you'll need to navigate to the bottom yourself, which I find quite annoying.

Secondly, at the bottom there's a "Mark as Resolved" link, but it's always there, even of you're not the topic originator. I'm not sure what happens if I click the link (didn't dare :)), but I think that, since the OP is the only one that can mark a topic resolved, that the Mark as Resolved link shouldn't be there all the time.



Hi Kilian


about the new notification e-mail (on replies to posts), there's now a link to the particular post. And if you are the OP, you can mark it as a solution in the email.

Ana S.

Yes, the link now redirects to the new post, which is great! However, when I click the "Mark as resolved" link for this thread, it says "You must be the owner of this discution to marck as solved" (two typos there!!!), while I am in fact the one who started the thread... Also, in the e-mail, all links are light blue, except for the "Mark as Resolved" link, which is standard link blue (which is a darker colour).

Kilian


it's working now!   


Unfortunately, I still get the "You must be the owner of this discution to marck as solved." error if I click on the link in the mail. And the error still has the two typos in it ("discution" instead of "discussion" and "marck" instead of "mark"). Also, the e-mail still has the "mark as resolved" link in the wrong colour.

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Unfortunately, I still get the "You must be the owner of this discution to marck as solved." error if I click on the link in the mail. And the error still has the two typos in it ("discution" instead of "discussion" and "marck" instead of "mark"). Also, the e-mail still has the "mark as resolved" link in the wrong colour.

But are you login?


Always :)

Ok, we will have to check this issue. 

Hi Kilian


can you please check in others posts, that you created, if this issue still happens?

Hi Kilian,


Did you have the opportunity to test it on others posts that you created?


Thanks

Ana

Hi Ana,

Though the link is fixed now (thanks!), if I click the "Mark as Resolved" link in the e-mail, I still get the "You must be the owner of this discussion to mark as solved." (Note there's still a tiny error in the message, it should be "to mark it as solved", so with "it".)

Kilian Hekhuis wrote:

Hi Ana,

Though the link is fixed now (thanks!), if I click the "Mark as Resolved" link in the e-mail, I still get the "You must be the owner of this discussion to mark as solved." (Note there's still a tiny error in the message, it should be "to mark it as solved", so with "it".)


Hi Kilian,

"if I click the "Mark as Resolved" link in the e-mail, I still get the "You must be the owner of this discussion to mark as solved."" 

Tell me, this is happening in all your emails notifications? 



It happens in this thread. I almost never start a topic myself, so it's difficult to tell if it happens elsewhere as well.