Unable to copy structures from a SAP connection

Unable to copy structures from a SAP connection

Hi,

It seems I'm unable to copy structures from a SAPConnection (see screenshot, ctrl + c, ctrl + v doesn't work either). Is there a way to do this or a workaround that doesn't involve creating the structures by hand?

Platform version: 9.1.3

Allard Kleijn wrote:

Hi,

It seems I'm unable to copy structures from a SAPConnection (see screenshot, ctrl + c, ctrl + v doesn't work either). Is there a way to do this or a workaround that doesn't involve creating the structures by hand?

Platform version: 9.1.3

Why do you need to copy in the first place? Referencing these structures already enable you to already use them in your espace.

Regards,

JC

The issue I was trying to solve when I encountered this problem was around placing the SAP connection in a wrapper which is made public.

It would have been easier if I was able to copy a structure as an input which I could then modify, rather than build it up from scratch.

Not all of the data is needed for each structure so it is useful to have a structure with reduced data scope that is made public as part of the public action. This makes mapping easier and more manageable.

Ouen

Solution

Referencing is an option, but normally you want to wrap them.

Especially with SAP you really don't want to have anything.

But yes, first make them public, reference them in a different espace, copy the structure en we are done.

still strange though

Solution

Similar to Ouen, I wanted to create a wrapper around SAP actions that use the copied (public) structures, so changes to the SAP services have limited impact.

J. wrote:

Referencing is an option, but normally you want to wrap them.

Especially with SAP you really don't want to have anything.

But yes, first make them public, reference them in a different espace, copy the structure en we are done.

still strange though

This worked well, a bit of a workaround. Thanks! 

Copying the input/output parameters from the SAP actions is not possible either and the proposed trick doesn't work, so I needed to create these by hand. Seems like a bug?