Launch a native mobile app

Launch a native mobile app

I am developing a mobile application using Outsystemsnow. My question is how do I start another native mobile app on my Android device. This operation is similar to opening another mobile app on an Android device using Intent via native code.

You could use this Cordova StartApp Plugin; but you have to change the OutSystemsNow App.

Thanks Matthias. 

Please how do I update OutSystemsNow so that new plugins added reflect in the development platform ?

You can find it here; but if you can wait - wait for OutSystems P10:

Awesome Demo of Platform 10

Henry Oforeh wrote:

I am developing a mobile application using Outsystemsnow. My question is how do I start another native mobile app on my Android device. This operation is similar to opening another mobile app on an Android device using Intent via native code.

Check if this will help you, this is how I implemented  it 

Intent intent = getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage("com.package.name");
if (intent != null) {
    // We found the activity now start the activity
    intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
    startActivity(intent);
} else {
    // Bring user to the market or let them choose an app?
    intent = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
    intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_NEW_TASK);
    intent.setData(Uri.parse("market://details?id=" + "com.package.name"));
    startActivity(intent);
}

Check for this article on how to launch appilcation http://www.cestarcollege.com/blog/mobile-app/learn-how-to-launch-your-mobile-app-successfully/. If you do not know the main activity, do us ethe package name to launsh the appilcation. 

Intent launchIntent = getPackageManager().getLaunchIntentForPackage("com.package.address");
if (launchIntent != null) { 
    startActivity(launchIntent);//null pointer check in case package name was not found
}

Best wishes, do update us